Instructor, Benerd College (Temporary Employee Pool) (Faculty)Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
Benerd College at the University of the Pacific invites applications for a part time, non-tenure track position as a Course Developer/Instructor in the Department of Career and Continuing Education. Responsibilities include:
- Provide instruction that adheres to course hour requirements (depending on the course/contract).
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource to students within given course assignment.
- Ensure syllabus, course materials, evaluations and assessments, are consistent with University policy and best practices.
Non-tenure-track faculty members collaborate in fulfilling the University's mission to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience integrating liberal arts and professional education and preparing individuals for lasting achievement and responsible leadership in their careers and communities.
Part-time faculty are appointed as needed by each unit and considered as less than full time annual appointment as specified by each unit. Part time is determined by the unit based on a comparison to year-long appointments. Time of service on a part-time appointment may not accrue to time for appointment with tenure.
- Design and conduct educational programs and courses of instruction in accordance with the policies of the University.
- Actively participate in the comprehensive planning or review of the development and quality improvement of the educational programs and courses of study, assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of such programs and courses, and to make recommendations to the Deans and Provost concerning the educational mission, programs, and policies of the University.
- Recommend educational policies and degree requirements which effectively carry out the mission of the University.
- Advise students on academic progress, and recommend student candidates for earned degrees.
- Participate in the selection, evaluation, and advancement of faculty and academic administrators.
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge through open inquiry, creative activity and research as appropriate.
- Participate in service as requested or required.
The faculty member may consider any matter in connection with the effectiveness and quality of the educational program or the professional welfare of the faculty, may make recommendations to the department chair, academic dean or provost concerning any policies, programs, or procedures which affect the educational program or faculty welfare.
Each school and college in the University may have a faculty of its own consisting of all members of the University faculty within the particular school or college and subject to the approval of the Provost, adopt by-laws and rules concerning its own organization, governance, and procedures.
Each faculty shall function under the Dean and Provost and be subjected to the policies of the University.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or earned doctorate with relevant background to course(s) being taught.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in a professional environment or in higher education.
- A master’s degree or its equivalent in the field of specialization and promise of teaching success and of scholarly or artistic achievements; a candidate without a master’s degree must have equivalent educational or professional experience in the appropriate area of instructional responsibility, and the recommendation for appointment must contain a statement of this equivalence. The rank of Instructor is not a tenure eligible appointment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication.
- FERPA training.
- Annual sexual harassment prevention training.
- Criminal background check.
- Experience online teaching depending on course assignment.
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree in the field of specialization.
- Published research in field of specialization.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
May require extended periods of sitting and standing, bending and stooping, and occasional walking. Work is primarily performed in a standard office, classroom, or online environment.Special Instructions:
THIS POSTING IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF AN OPEN POSITION. Your application will be active for 90 days. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and are reviewed by the hiring department as openings become available. To maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply.
Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the online application to be considered for a position. Candidates who are called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed before the date of the interview.
Note: if a job-specific posting is created and you are interested in that specific position, please apply to that job posting. Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26172
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.