Assistant/Associate/Professor (Tenure Track)Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Doctor of Audiology Program (AuD) at University of the Pacific, School of Health Sciences, in San Francisco, California invites applicants to apply for a full-time, eleven (11) month Assistant/Associate/Professor position. Faculty rank is contingent upon qualifications and experience.
The AuD program at UoP prepares students to enter the profession with exceptional practice readiness, leadership potential, and a humanistic approach to patient care. The curriculum is a rigorous, three (3) year accelerated course of study, accredited by both the Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education and the Council for Academic Accreditation.
The successful faculty candidate will be part of a highly motivated, cohesive faculty of experienced educators and clinicians who work as an interdisciplinary team to achieve a high level of student success and patient care. The successful candidate will work with these and other faculty members in the School of Health Sciences to provide effort and expertise that contribute to shared achievements. This position will report to the AuD Department Chair.
1. Teaching and Advising:
- Instruction and education facilitation in areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Clinical supervision and precepting
- Academic advising and career mentorship.
- Participation in curriculum assessment and development.
- Development and/or expansion of a line of scholarly contributions.
- Mentoring student research.
- Dissemination of scholarly work through publications and participation at regional and national conferences.
- Supporting the Program, School and University missions through committee work, leadership, and faculty governance.
- Effort and activities that promote pride in the Program, School, and University, such as faculty development activities, student-faculty functions, graduation, and white coat ceremonies.
- Professional service not subject to peer review.
- Service in professional organizations at all levels.
4. Other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program with a projected graduation date of 2023.
- Au.D., or an equivalent combination of education and experience prior to implementation of AuD (i.e., Master’s degree), or a third (3rd) or fourth (4th) year audiology extern currently enrolled in Au.D. program with a projected graduation date of 2023.
- Current, temporary, or permanent California Audiologist license or a Provisional Audiologist license and full licensure within three (3) months of hire.
- Research and/or expertise in the vestibular system and balance testing.
- Previous student supervision and teaching.
- Current California Dispensing Audiologist License.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment during standard business hours. Schedule is dependent on the course and department needs.Special Instructions:
Please note applicants will be required to upload a CV and cover letter to their online application. Optional Documents include a resume. Additionally, applicants are required to provide complete contact information (name, email and phone number) for two (2) references who will receive an e-mail request to upload their letters of recommendation.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26009
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.