Standardized Patient (SP) (Temporary Employee Pool)Primary Purpose:
The Standardized Patient (SP) is a temporary, part-time position which includes the option of evening and weekend work. SPs are trained actors who portray a patient case or scenario in preset time constraints during a clinical encounter with the Physician Assistant (PA) student. SPs are scheduled for exam slots on a first-come, first-serve basis according to program needs and date and times they are available to work. There is no minimum or maximum number of hours per semester in which a SP must and/or will be scheduled work. SP positions are for one academic year and may be renewed annually. SPs will receive ongoing evaluation and critique, which will be used by the Program Director to determine if continued services will be requested.
PA students usually perform non-invasive physical exams (i.e. exam of heart, throat, eyes, abdomen, etc.). On some occasions, SPs may be asked to wear a medical gown, but will not be asked to disrobe beyond undergarments. Bike shorts or other undergarments are always allowed for standard examinations.
Some SPs are trained for the more sensitive examinations, including male/female pelvic, genital, rectal, and breast examinations. These are scheduled less frequently, generally once or twice a year. SPs that participate in these types of examinations will be expected to fully disrobe to the appropriate level for these types of exams. A faculty chaperone will always be present with the SP during these types of examinations and no video recordings will be taken, however an audio recording may be made. SPs participating in sensitive examinations will be paid at a higher rate during such examinations. Participation in sensitive examinations is completely elective on the part of the SPs whose services may be requested, and the decision as to which SP examination protocols are being staffed are solely with the Program Director. SPs may elect to perform or not preform sensitive examinations at any time.
SPs will be asked to sign an agreement indicating consent and waiver in connection with the work they will perform, and an acknowledgement that they are not receiving treatment of any kind.Essential Functions:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interact with examinees.
- Observe and evaluate examinee’s technique and behavior.
- Provide appropriate feedback to examinees.
- Follow all written and oral directions provided by the Physician Assistant Program.
- Organize, distribute and collect all test materials as directed by the Physician Assistant Program.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity of exam materials, and exam procedures.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant atmosphere to create an environment for optimal test performance for all examinees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prior work experience.
- Standardized Patients (SP) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Provide excellent, professional customer service and possess strong people skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and follow written instructions.
- Work in a team atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Work effectively with a diverse population.
- Uphold the confidentiality and integrity of all exams.
- Comfortable with dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to be reliable, on time and dependable.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting of materials (25lbs or less). Bending, stretching, reaching required. Sitting for long periods of time.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a classroom or individual exam room setting. Work is performed during standard business hours as well as evenings and Saturdays, according to exam schedules for the semester.Hiring Range:
$25.00 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/25959
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.