Director Alumni RelationsPrimary Purpose:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Alumni Relations, the Director for Alumni Relations provides direction, leadership and supervision for the Alumni Relations staff while serving in a leadership role to help guide the Pacific Alumni Association (PAA) and is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni in strengthening their relationship with the University.Essential Functions:
- Assists Associate Vice President in the leadership of alumni volunteers.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a coordinated year-round schedule of programs and events for alumni.
- Supervises Alumni Relations staff, volunteers and students.
- Oversees program efforts including engagement programs and linkages with development and annual giving efforts.
- Monitors the development of enhanced alumni reunion activities and ensures reunion planning is conducted and executed in a timely and responsive fashion.
- Guides staff in development of effective club and regional programming to enhance alumni engagement.
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni in support of alumni relation and University program.
- Serves as a key liaison for PAA Board and subcommittee members to enhance their focused engagement and volunteer leadership and service to Pacific.
- Builds relationships with potential alumni volunteers to support the University’s strategic plan in engaging alumni with the University as advocates, supporters and active volunteers.
- Serves as a liaison with colleagues throughout the University to ensure their effective involvement in alumni activities and successful joint programming across all campuses.
- Partners with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate and steward alumni.
- Manages Alumni Relations operating budgets as assigned.
- Manages department staff and programs in the absence of the Associate Vice President.
- Educates, and mentors Alumni Relations staff in program development.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience and leadership in alumni relations in higher education.
- Service experience on University Committees and Professional Organizations.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Knowledge of principles of practice and methods for the operation of a successful alumni program in alignment with CASE standards.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, team-building and management skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, steward and grow productive relationships with volunteers.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and volunteers and promote a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Experience developing and implementing creative events and programs.
- Exhibited high professional and ethical standards.
- Experience applying CASE standards for Alumni Relations in daily work.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed during normal business hours. Must be prepared to work non-business hours and weekends. Occasional travel both local and overnight.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring Range:
$66,150.00 to $90,960.00 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/25692
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.