Assistant Director for Alumni EngagementPrimary Purpose:
The Assistant Director for Alumni Engagement will be responsible for the production and execution of alumni programming for the department of Alumni Relations, including events, marketing and alumni stewardship.Essential Functions:
- Leads and manages projects and programs that affect wide audience of alumni, which may include:
- Events (in-person and virtually)
- Volunteer committees
- Online initiatives
- Develops and executes a project management plan for each event/activity.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners, helping to plan and coordinate joint programming with Athletics, Career Center, Admission Office, and Schools/Colleges.
- Identifies key alumni volunteers; implements leader recruiting, training, engagement, recognition, and succession planning.
- Collaborates with internal partners to execute events/activities within allotted budget and deadlines.
- Creates content in support of program goals, including writing and/or editing content for emails, e-newsletters, website, and social media.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) years of experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing experience with print and electronic media, as well as strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to work collaboratively with staff and campus partners.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with volunteer development, management, and oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, good follow-through and time management; must have attention to detail and be able to meet deadlines.
- Proven decision-making skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in the use of the MS Office, Zoom, and Adobe suite of products such as: InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge of social media applications.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work frequently performed in typical office environment, including extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Some work at event sites may require the use of laptops or mobile devices. This position organizes events and frequently transports boxes of promotional materials and media equipment. May lift up to 30-35 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is frequently performed during standard business hours. Must be prepared to work some non-business hours, some extended workweeks with weekend work (typically 7 weekends per year). Light travel both local and overnight is expected.Hiring Range:
$64,480.00 - $65,880.00 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/24477
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.