The University of Puget Sound is hiring a Director of Athletic Communications to join our Athletics Department!
The Director of Athletic Communications will assume primary responsibility for the management of department communications for its 23 sports programs. This position is responsible for the department's website content and management, the creation and distribution of social media content, live stream coordination, and event communication operations. The position will also contribute to the overall well-being of the Athletics Department by working cooperatively with the director of athletics and other administrators to coordinate, develop, and implement department-wide programs, as well as advance the university's athletic brand identity
This position is:
• Regular, Full-time, (1.0 FTE)
• Benefits Eligible
View a full job description and apply today through our University website for Staff Employment!
All candidates must complete an application through our official website for consideration.
This position will be able to take advantage of Puget Sound's generous benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Retirement plan options and 403(b) contributions
• Paid vacation, floating holiday, and campus bonus holidays
• Education benefits, such as full tuition for eligible employees and their families
• Access to university facilities and entertainment (fitness center, pool, library, concerts, lectures, and more!)
-Positions that work less than .75 FTE (1,560 hours per year) do not qualify for long-term disability or education benefits.
-Positions that work less than .50 FTE (1,040 hours per year) will accrue paid sick leave but are not eligible for additional benefits.
-Temporary positions that work at least .50 FTE (1,040 hours per year) will be eligible for benefits.
To be considered for this role, a candidate must:
• Hold a Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, sports administration, or a related field.
• Preferably have a minimum of two years in a sports-related field.
• Be able to work evening and weekend hours.
• Have a working knowledge of sports, particularly soccer, football, volleyball, basketball, track & field, swimming, baseball/softball, and lacrosse.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite programs, and various live stats programs (Stat Crew, Presto, NCAA Live Stats).
• Understand NCAA Division III and its commitment to the academic success of student-athletes and the positive role athletics as a portion of the college experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
• The pay range for this position is $66,000 - $70,000 annually. Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
• This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• For more information on Puget Sound's exempt staff benefits package, visit: https://www.pugetsound.edu/sites/default/files/2023-02/2023%20Benefits%20for%20Exempt%20Staff%20Members.docx.pdf
• For the Campus Holiday and Bonus Day Schedule, visit: https://www.pugetsound.edu/human-resources
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of all required background checks and, if applicable for the position, a drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
About Puget Sound:
Puget Sound is a national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington. To learn more about the university, visit "About Puget Sound" on the university's website: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
• We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
• We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
• We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at the University of Puget Sound.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Puget Sound, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Puget Sound and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Puget Sound are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the University of Puget Sound.