Assistant/Associate Professor, Elementary EducationTenure Status:
Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum - 260050Minimum Qualifications
The Department of Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum in the Reich College of Education at Appalachian State University seeks qualified candidates to fill a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in Elementary Education.
Areas of Interest (No Minimum Level Required)
- Earned doctorate (ABD considered if hired at the Assistant rank) in Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Education, or a closely related area;
- Ability to teach graduate-level curriculum development courses in the Curriculum Specialist Program, elementary education core courses, methods courses, and curriculum development courses at the undergraduate level;
- Commitment to working in a community of practice, to a social constructivist perspective of teaching and learning, to the integration of field experiences in professional coursework, and to working with a wide-range population;
- Teaching experience in P-12 school settings required;
- Evidence of scholarly potential required; established record of scholarship/creative activity preferred;
- Eligibility for North Carolina teaching licensure.
Additional desired areas of expertise include:
- Content area expertise in curriculum development, math education, science education, , or teaching multilingual learners
- Experience working with and/or teaching courses to undergraduate elementary education candidates;
- Experience working with and/or teaching curriculum development courses to graduate candidates;
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with public schools;
- Experience with supervising and mentoring preservice elementary education teacher candidates in the field and/or coordinating/monitoring supervision of candidates’ placements;
- Research and teaching experiences working with linguistically and culturally diverse students and their families;
- Expertise surrounding authentic and standard-based assessments at the elementary school-age level.
See minimum qualifications above.Description of the Department or Unit
Faculty in the Department of Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum have crafted rigorous and high-quality programs that are grounded in these commitments: working in a community of practice, a social constructivist perspective of teaching and learning; the integration of field experiences in professional coursework; and working with diverse populations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include teaching graduate-level courses in curriculum development and pre-service education courses at the undergraduate level. Pre-service education courses may include elementary methods courses and related education courses; generalist elementary education courses that include curriculum design, assessment, language learning; and/or practicum supervision. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to, participating in partnerships and professional development with area schools and Appalachian State’s two laboratory schools, teaching at off-campus sites as well as at the Boone and Hickory campuses, and engaging in scholarly research and activities. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.Proposed Date of Hire:
08/19/2024Suggested Salary Range:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
YesEvaluation of Applications Begins:
10/02/2023To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/42029
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button in each job posting.
Jobs at Appalachian State University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Appalachian State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Appalachian State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Appalachian State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Appalachian State University.