Lecturer - Curriculum & Instruction (Two Vacancies) Hickory, NCTenure Status:
Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum - 260050Minimum Qualifications
Areas of Interest (No Minimum Level Required)
- Master’s Degree in Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or closely related area
- Ability to teach education core and methods courses at the undergraduate level
- Commitment to working in a community of practice, to a social constructivist perspective of teaching and learning, to the integration of field experiences in professional coursework, and to working with diverse populations
- Three years minimum teaching experience in P-12 school settings required
- Eligibility for North Carolina teaching licensure
- Experience working with and/or teaching courses to undergraduate teacher education candidates
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with public schools
- Experience with supervising and mentoring preservice teacher candidates and/or student teachers in the field and/or coordinating/monitoring supervision of candidates’ placements
- Expertise surrounding authentic and standard-based assessments
- Five years or more teaching experience in P-12 school settings
Eligibility for North Carolina teaching licensure required.Description of the Department or Unit
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction, which will become the Department of Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum on July 1, 2023, is the Reich College of Education’s largest Department, serving future and current K-12 Teachers and Curriculum Specialists. The Department’s Elementary Education Program will be offering full time programs at Hickory beginning in August 2023. Those hired to teach in these positions will be valued members of our department, and will be integral to the start and success of our Hickory programs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include teaching pre-service education courses at the undergraduate level.
Pre-service education courses may include methods and related education courses; generalist education courses that include curriculum design, assessment, literacy, language learning, classroom management; and/or practicum supervision.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to, attending departmental/program-level meetings and participating in partnerships and professional development with area schools.
This position is located at the Hickory campus. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.Proposed Date of Hire:
01/16/2024Suggested Salary Range:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
YesEvaluation of Applications Begins:
09/08/2023To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/42143
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button in each job posting.
Jobs at Appalachian State University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Appalachian State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Appalachian State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Appalachian State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Appalachian State University.