Prairie View A&M UniversityAssistant Professor in Clinical PsychologyJob Title
Assistant Professor in Clinical PsychologyAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Department Of PsychologyProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This tenure track Assistant Professor position will teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in Psychology, is expected to contribute expertise to student advising and is also expected to seek and acquire external funding and contracts for relevant research projects, and participate in department, college, university, community and professional service activities.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in Psychology as needed.
- Develop research agenda and seek external funding to support scholarly work.
- Student advisement, evaluation and counseling.
- Advise undergraduate students and work with student organizations.
- Engage in, produce, and publish research including the presentation of results in professional conferences.
- Participate in service commitments within the department, college, university and the profession.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology.
- ABD's who will have the degree in hand before the start date or a negotiated period will be considered.
- One year of college or university teaching
Required Licensing/Professional Certification:
- Excellent communication, written and technology skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate ability for effective teaching and scholarship.
- Demonstrate support of professional organizations in the discipline and have potential for obtaining external funding.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- To be considered, candidates must be Texas-licensed psychologist or near eligible for such licensure in Texas.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Strong quantitative research skills.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Assistant-Professor-in-Clinical-Psychology_R-026925About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com