Adjunct Office of Information Systems/Medical Coding
Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
Adjunct Office of Information Systems/Medical CodingOpen Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title):
SLTC InstructionRequisition Number:
One Semester TemporaryJob Category:
Adjunct - VariableFT/PT:
Part-timeInitial Work Location:
Current Adjunct RateJob Open Date:
11/02/2015Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
NoPriority Review Date: Job Summary:
This is an adjunct faculty position in the Office Information Systems Department for the Medical Coding and Billing and Health Information Systems programs in The School of Applied Technology. The programs are offered in a self-directed, competency-based learning environment using Canvas. The instructor will teach the following courses: anatomy, medical terminology, and medical coding (CPT, ICD-10, ICD-9, and HCPCS).Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide instruction in the Medical Coding and Billing and Health Information Systems programs offered through the Office Information Systems Department using Canvas and other teaching methods to meet different learning styles of students.
2. Deliver competency-based instruction in a self-directed environment to prepare students for industry certifications in related areas.
3. Advise students on their program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess students’ abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback.
4. Coordinate student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
5. Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force. Keep current on technology advances and medical coding guidelines and updates.
6. Complete required SLCC training.
7. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and the college mission and values.
8. Attend department meetings when requested.
9. Meet college and department deadlines and evaluate student work in a timely manner, including posting final grades.
10. Follow SLCC policies and procedures.Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued: Minimum Qualifications:
1. One to three years experience teaching the subject in secondary, post-secondary, or industry setting, required or substitute equivalent experience.
2. CPC (Certified Professional Coder) offered through the AAPC and/or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist/ Physician) offered through AHIMA national Certification required.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in content area or related field preferred. 2. Experience teaching adults in individualized, competency-based programs, preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge and experience in curriculum development in related areas 2. Experience as an instructor and/or in related area 3. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs 4. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds 5. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance 6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills 7. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership 8. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitudeNon-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions:
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.This is a pooled position and The department will review applications when positions become available.Revised 11/2/2015SLCC Highlights: FLSA:
ExemptSLCC Information: To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/31632Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.