Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
SLCC PhotographerOpen Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title):
Director - Strategic Communications & Public RelationsDepartment:
Institutional MarketingRequisition Number:
New positionJob Category:
Part-Time Staff - VariableFT/PT:
Part-timeInitial Work Location:
Taylorsville Redwood CampusStarting Salary:
$15.15-$16.65Job Open Date:
03/13/2023Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesPriority Review Date: Job Summary:
As part of the Institutional Marketing Team, this position serves as the college’s official photographer and will oversee portrait and event photography and associated editing of photographs. This role may require attendance and coverage of events outside of work hours that require additional planning, travel, asset management and content distribution. This position will also oversee and maintain the college’s photo archive.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued: Minimum Qualifications:
- Take still photographs of members of the college community and scenes around SLCC campuses, including formal photos and candids, for the institutional marketing department to use in promotional pieces and assets such as SLCC Magazine.
- Oversee and maintain a schedule of photo shoots that may include, but are not limited to, on-campus groups, campus assets, events (taking place both on and off campus), portraits, etc. Schedule and manage photo requests from around the college.
- Edit photos using common photo editing software for printed and electronic publication and maintain camera equipment.
- Oversee and maintain college photo database and storage, and distribute photos to various clients inside and outside the college.
- Be responsible for checking out cameras among secondary college photographers as necessary and tracking use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from an accreditated institution, or trade-off 2:1 inexperience/education requirements: for example, four years experience in lieu of degree.
- 1 year or more of direct, paid experience in photography.
- Experience must include taking photographs, editing photos, and organizing/archiving photos for delivery to clients or documentation purposes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be willing to travel via motor vehicle to attend and photograph college events.
Three to five years of professional photography experience, including live events, portraits, etc. plus associated photo editing experience.Experience in higher education preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The position requires the use of specialized camera equipment and software, including command of emerging digital technologies and Adobe software.Demonstrated ability to function independently, proactively working with all types of digital photography assets.Experience in lighting, shooting and capturing photography and photo editing using Adobe Creative Suite products.Experience using Nikon DSLR and Canon Series equipment.Experience with using Mac OS and basic troubleshooting.Ability to consider messaging strategies and various display platforms (social media, magazine, printed brochure, electronic display, etc.) when taking photographs.Must be skilled in interpersonal communications and flexible across various social and professional situations.Manage deadlines and coordinate multiple projects without direct daily supervision; be able to work on tight deadlines.This position requires organization and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions: SLCC Highlights:
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah’s fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students’ lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging HSI, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.FLSA: SLCC Information:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/55132Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.