Adjunct, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
Adjunct, Occupational Therapy Assistant ProgramOpen Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title):
Div. of Health Professions (School of Health Science)-2H3Requisition Number:
One Semester TemporaryJob Category:
Adjunct - VariableFT/PT:
Part-timeInitial Work Location:
$22.23 - $46.97 per hourJob Open Date:
06/21/2023Job Close Date:
06/22/2024Open Until Filled:
YesPriority Review Date: Job Summary:
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program (OTA) at SLCC offers a two-year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. The successful candidate will teach classes and courses in the Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Courses may be online or in-person at the SLCC West Jordan Campus.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Effectively prepare and teach Occupational Therapy Assistant classes as stipulated in the course syllabi.2. Maintains accurate and complete student attendance records, grades, and other classroom documentation as applicable. Grades must be maintained on the College’s learning management system.3. Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and understanding in the field of occupational therapy.4. Follow policies and procedures as defined by the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Handbook.5. Participates in trainings and other responsibilities as assigned and approved.6. Responds to department and college communication within two business days.7. Accept other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued:
- Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization
- Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
- Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
- Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
- Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
- Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
- Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
- Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
- Maintains professional and collegial behavior
- Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days)
- Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
- Completes all required employee trainings
- Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
- Provides ADA accommodations as requested
- Other job related duties as needed
Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organizationMaintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administratorsProvides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignmentsReturns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standardsMaintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and gradesConducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performanceInforms students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlinesAssists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environmentPrepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities PolicyMaintains professional and collegial behaviorHandles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days)Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedureCompletes all required employee trainingsKnows and enforces FERPA guidelines Provides ADA accommodations as requestedOther job related duties as neededMinimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from a United States Department of Education (USDE) regionally accredited college or university
Three (3) years of recent, paid, clinical experience in health care settings as an OT or OTA practitioner.
Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant degree from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
Hold a current OT or OTA license in the state of Utah by the Department of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL).
Hold a current national credential from the National Board for the Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) as a registered occupational therapist (OTR) or certified occupational therapy assistant (COTA).Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree from a United States Department of Education (USDE) regionally accredited college or universityFive (5) years of recent, paid, clinical experience in health care settings as an OT or OTA practitionerEvidence of post-secondary teaching experience in occupational therapy.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions:
This is a pooled position and the department will review applications when positions become available.Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.1. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States.2. In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment. 3. Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within 30 days of hire. 4. In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.SLCC Highlights:
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah’s fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students’ lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging HSI, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.FLSA:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).This position may require the completion of a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/55866Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.