Lab Aide, Network and Server Admin (SLTC)
Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
Lab Aide, Network and Server Admin (SLTC)Open Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title): Department:
School of Applied Tech & Technical Spec-2N4Requisition Number:
New positionJob Category:
Part-Time Staff - VariableFT/PT:
Part-timeInitial Work Location:
Taylorsville Redwood CampusStarting Salary:
$15.50-$16.24Job Open Date:
07/01/2023Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesPriority Review Date: Job Summary:
This is a Lab Aide position which supports Desktop Support Technician, Enterprise Network 2, Network Support Technician, Windows Network Administration, and Windows Server Administration programs. These are not lecture courses, programs are taught one-on-one using a hybrid competency-based instructional delivery learning environment utilizing Canvas. This position will be responsible for aiding various courses at the same time to students who may be a different progress points within the five programs.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver and manage open-entry/open-exit competency-based instruction to students from diverse populations.
- Accommodate learning styles, especially hands-on training not limited to the classroom.
- Advise students of the program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess student’s abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback. Assess and report student progress.
- Provide industry standard instruction in a flexible entry format.
- Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force.
- Work with other faculty and staff in the department for continuous improvement to the curriculum and instructional delivery.
- Support College and School of Applied Technology policies and guidelines. Complete all classroom management reports and processes in a timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued:
- Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization.
- Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments.
- Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
- Keeps accurate classroom records.
- Supports department assessment initiatives.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment.
- Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy.
- Maintains professional and collegial behavior.
- Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days).
- Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure.
- Completes all required employee trainings and attends department meetings.
- Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines.
- Provides ADA accommodations as requested.
- Other job-related duties as required
Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization.Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments.Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.Keeps accurate classroom records.Supports department assessment initiatives.Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment.Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy.Maintains professional and collegial behavior.Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days).Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure.Completes all required employee trainings and attends department meetings.Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines.Provides ADA accommodations as requested.Other job-related duties as requiredMinimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma (or GED).
- One year paid experience in a computer-related or customer service-related position.
- Three recent industry certs including at least one from CompTIA.
AAS, AS Degree or higherKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience as an instructor in Information Technology and other related program areas.Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs.Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance.Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude.Knowledge and use of Canvas to modify and update curriculum development.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College.The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions: SLCC Highlights:
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah’s fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students’ lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging HSI, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.FLSA:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/56181Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.