The Environmental Services Manager performs responsible managerial work involving the assignment and direct supervision of environmental services employees. Ensures assigned staff maintains proper cleanliness and sanitation of buildings, offices, classrooms, fitness centers, laboratories, furnishings and equipment as well as building entrances and exterior walkways.
The Environmental Services Manager is also responsible for training new employees on proper custodial procedures for the use of manually operated tools, electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds, solvents and chemicals.
- Associate's degree in business administration, hotel management or related field; OR years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working in a union environment;
- Minimum of (5) five years of management experience and/or previous supervisory experience;
- (5) Five years of relevant experience working in facilities, custodial, janitorial experience for a large organization with multiple facilities;
- Minimum of (6) six years progressively responsible job-related experience in addition to a high school diploma or GED may be substituted for required education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Significant knowledge of custodial equipment and standards, including modern safety standards and techniques;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects;
- Analyzes and resolves work problems; initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve goals;
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Must be available to respond to campus when needed and be on - call as assigned;
- Proficient in estimating labor and material costs.