Corporate Trainer, Lineworker
Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
Corporate Trainer, LineworkerOpen Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title):
Continuing Education (Workforce & Econ Dev)-2U1Requisition Number:
One Year TemporaryJob Category:
Part-Time Staff - VariableFT/PT:
Part-timeInitial Work Location:
$30.00-$50.00 Job Open Date:
09/06/2023Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesPriority Review Date: Job Summary:
1. Incumbent will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery of SLCC Lineworker Apprenticeship program which includes all content that assists students to prepare them for College and IPSA STEP level testing. This includes utilizing on-line and/or distance education applications(Learning Management System).2. Maintain records of student performance, including test administration and posting of all grades into appropriate on-line system.3. Maintain student information confidentiality in compliance with FERPA regulations (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).4. Responsible for the management of an effective learning environment, including communication with students through electronic methods as well as in class.5. Approved course curriculum must be followed, per SLCC policy, assuring successful completion of identified student learning outcomes.6. Incumbent is required to meet course goals and follow format as provided through his/her instruction.7. Assist Program Coordinator through providing lists of class supplies required and submitting curriculum updates as needed to maintain current industry standards.8. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to the Lineworker industry as well as to the Division, School and College policies, Mission and Values.9. Demonstrate depth of understanding of the IPSA requirements for testing levels of Lineworker Apprentice.10. Attend required training and departmental meetings.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Instructor will be responsible to give timely feedback to students on assignments, quizzes, exams, projects; clearly communicate expectation related to coursework; maintain open line of communication with program coordinator; maintain student records as requested by the program coordinator (i.e., grades, attendance, waivers, etc.); adapt curriculum to meet changing industry trends and/or standards.
2. The format of this course will be a combination of lectures, class discussions, student presentations, assignments, and hands-on activity. The instructor must be comfortable in varied learning environments.
3. It is the responsibility of the instructor to ensure that students are given multiple opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills they will need to successfully complete the course, apply what they have learned and demonstrate they are developing the skills necessary to be successful.
4. Assist in identifying student placement or career advancement opportunities.Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued: Minimum Qualifications:
Journeyman level license or equivalent.
Experience with industry competency testing.Preferred Qualifications:
Lineworker, Substation, or Meter Journeyman’s License.1 or more years teaching experience.Prior experience working with adult learnersKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent written and oral communication skillsStrong interpersonal communication skillsComputer and software skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.)Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse communityMust be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multi-taskDemonstrates proficiency and passion for teachingTrack and keep records of student enrollment and progress.Must be dependable.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions:
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.Please attach Resume, copies of credentials or certificates (i.e. Journeyman Card / current CDL License) and transcripts.As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.Official Transcripts are required to be submitted for those who are offered employment and/or licenses and documentation of credentials.SLCC Highlights:
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah’s fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students’ lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.FLSA:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.In addition to URS, SLCC offers several other retirement account options.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/56790Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.