Adjunct Instructor - Various Disciplines
Tarrant County College District
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor - Various Disciplines
Posting Number: P002423
Position Type: Adjunct
Position Status: Part Time
Grant Funded: No
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Class Code: 28
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education.
Department: DT Assoc VC Academic Affairs
To assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process.
This posting will be utilized to hire instructors for face-to-face opportunities at our campuses and for our Dual Credit program in the following disciplines: Accounting, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Dance, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, Government, History, Humanities, Journalism, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sociology and Speech.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules (morning, afternoon, evening and weekends) to accommodate diverse student needs and external stakeholders' expectations of the College as assigned by designated supervisor
- Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad of diversities represented in the student population, colleagues and service area
- Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned
- Prepares and delivers instruction to students
- Actively pursues and participates in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning
- Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks
- Prepares assignments
- May compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
- Maintains student attendance records
- Evaluates student performance and learning
- Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students
- Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
- Assists in District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
- Participates in TCC's institutional effectiveness program including the preparation and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Accepts and participates in the necessary training to offer courses via varied delivery methods such as distance learning
- Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
- Accepts and participates in the service mission of the college
- May conduct research in particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals
- Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations
- Serves on campus and District committees
- Performs basic student enrollment and recruitment functions, such as community outreach, support of student registration and student retention activities
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Master's degree or higher* in specialized field OR a Master's degree or higher* with eighteen (18) graduate hours in specialized field
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Teaching experience (post-secondary and/or dual credit)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a ‘Pooled' posting utilized to hire instructors for face-to-face opportunities at our campuses and for our Dual Credit program.
Our Dual Credit program provides college level courses to high school students in the Tarrant County area. Instructional times/days for Dual Credit courses may vary between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Hiring supervisors review applications and make hiring decisions as part-time faculty assignments become available.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
Note: For those with international transcripts, please upload your transcript evaluation.
If you are interested in online opportunities, please see posting P002431.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.tccd.edu/postings/22230
Tarrant County College is an Equal Opportunity/equal access institution.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Tarrant County College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency