Assistant Professor of Accounting - Tenure TrackJob no:
496730SUNY Budget Title:
Assistant Professor (10 month) - BUSSalary Level/Grade:
Accounting, Economics, & Finance
Categories: Faculty & Libraries
Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University's curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint “Village on the Erie Canal,” SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo — the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission.
Join the inclusive community of distinguished, dedicated, and renowned faculty who, together with talented staff and eager students, are Building a Better Brockport
. Here are some of our points of distinction and achievements:
- The first African American student to graduate from Brockport, Fannie Barrier Williams, is recognized both as a visionary and one of the most prominent African American women of her generation. The Fannie Barrier Williams Scholars program was created to support and transform the lives of students from low-income families. As a permanent tribute to her incredible advocacy and legacy, the University dedicated the Fannie Barrier Williams Liberal Arts Building in 2022.
- Our AACSB-Accredited School of Business and Management focuses on student experiences like the Wade Student Managed Investment Fund to align student learning with business skill development.
- We offer the only Computer Information Systems (CIS) program in the state that is accredited by ABET.
- We are the only SUNY comprehensive institution to offer the Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- The Writers Forum has brought hundreds of writers—novelists, poets, playwrights, memoirists, screenwriters, cartoonists, and essayists from varied traditions—to the campus. Nobel laureates and Pulitzer winners were among them.
- State (e.g., Department of Environmental Conservation) and federal agencies (e.g., Environmental Protection Agency and National Science Foundation) are funding faculty research, including projects related to the Great Lakes, that engage both undergraduate and graduate students.
- We have strong educational partnerships and connections with school districts, healthcare organizations, and clinical settings throughout the region.
- The Joey Jackson Intercultural Center, named after a Brockport alum who is a prominent criminal defense attorney and CNN legal analyst, was created to provide an inclusive and supportive environment for underrepresented students, to help our faculty members connect with students outside of the classroom, and to provide students with opportunities for leadership development, celebration, and collaborations.
- We engage in cutting edge, meaningful research that will make a difference for practitioners around the world. Students display their scholarship activities during our annual Scholars Day celebration.
- Our faculty are recognized as outstanding educators who utilize the very best pedagogy that higher education has to offer. Brockport hosts three SUNY-recognized Distinguished Professors.
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities. Job Summary:
The School of Business and Management at SUNY Brockport invites applications for a tenure-track accounting faculty position at the Assistant Professor level, starting in August 2024. The successful applicant will have responsibilities in teaching, research, advising, and service to the department, school, university, and community. The initial teaching course load will be 6 credit hours per semester for one year but thereafter will be 9 credit hours per semester, contingent on performance at rank in scholarship.
Located in the historic Village of Brockport, 16 miles west of Rochester, New York, SUNY Brockport has over 7,000 students and is one of the largest public universities of the State University of New York (SUNY). School of Business and Management has about 900 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a strong department and participate actively in superior business education. Best consideration given to those applications submitted by November 1st, 2023.Minimum Qualifications:
PhD or DBA in Accounting from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. ABD candidates must earn their doctoral degree within 6 months of hire.
Alternatively, candidates: a) with a JD and CPA or b) with a JD and Master's degree (MS, MAcc, or MTax), in a specialized area of accounting (Accounting, Tax, or Forensic Accounting) from an AACSB-accredited institution.
Ability to teach in a multicultural environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong work ethic & commitment to continuous improvement.Preferred Qualifications:
Demonstrable potential for, and preferably experience in, effectively teaching graduate and undergraduate-level accounting courses.
Experience with, or willingness to teach tax-related courses, and other undergraduate and graduate accounting courses as assigned.
Experience with or knowledge of data analytics.
Experience with, or willingness to teach in an online course modality and/or in a hybrid course format.
Appropriate professional experience in accounting.
CPA, CFE, CMA, or other professional accounting certification.
Demonstrated student focus, effectiveness, and potential for success in teaching college-level courses.
Record of high-quality teaching.
Scholarly potential in accounting demonstrated by publications or high-quality work in progress and strong research plan.Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Salary and Benefits:
The Minimum Salary for this position is $114,000.
This position is benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport!
This position is eligible for visa sponsorship. Application Instructions:
to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. Please include a statement detailing research interests and a statement of teaching philosophy. Best consideration given to those applications submitted by November 1st, 2023. We will continue to accept applications after the best consideration date. Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check. Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement. New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.Reasonable Accommodations:
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, AVP for Human Resources and ADA Coordinator, at email@example.com
. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University. To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/496730/assistant-professor-of-accounting-tenure-trackCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency