Senior Administrative Assistant - College of Arts & Media
Southeast Missouri State UniversitySalary:
Depends on QualificationsJob Type:
Cape Girardeau, MODepartment: Closing: Position Summary Senior Administrative Assistant
Holland College of Arts and Media
Full-TimePosition Available February 1, 2024
- Provides full administrative support to the Dean and Associate Dean.
- Greets visitors, answers multiple telephone lines, and serves as a resource for inquiries.
- Performs computer applications, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheet, and database, and uses a variety of technologies.
- Manages multiple budget accounts.
- Handles maintenance of office equipment.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for Dean, and various committees and councils.
- Organizes and distributes materials and mass mailings (digital and print).
- Maintains complex, comprehensive filing systems.
- Manages electronic record keeping, email, and communications.
- Handles confidential and sensitive materials with tact.
- Mentors and supervises training, scheduling, and work assignments for student workers.
- Attends and records minutes at Chairperson, College Council, and other meetings as needed.
- Provides correspondence with the River Campus Board of Managers.
Required Information & Deadline Application Deadline:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated complete administrative skills, including excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and software.
- Demonstrated ability to handle situations with sensitivity, tact, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability of high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated history of excellent customer service.
- Ability to work limited nights and weekends.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by October 13, 2023. To Apply:
Complete the online application by clicking on the APPLY
button at the top of the page. You will need to submit the following for your application materials to be complete.
Additional Information Departmental Information:
- Letter of interest addressing all position qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references
For information about the Holland College of Arts & Media, please visit https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/arts-media/
.About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO):
Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society. SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook | SEMO SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan (semo.edu)To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4223133/senior-administrative-assistant-college-of-arts-media
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
jeid-726a0056dd9738419bf0b024caa3155bCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at Southeast Missouri State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University