Instructor - Accounting, Economics, and Finance - Accounting
Southeast Missouri State UniversitySalary:
Depends on QualificationsJob Type:
Cape Girardeau, MODepartment:
Accounting, Economics, and FinanceClosing:
ContinuousPosition Summary Instructor AccountingDepartment of Accounting, Economics, and FinanceHarrison College of Business and Computing Primary Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate accounting courses with a teaching load of five courses (15 credits) per semester. Instructional delivery modes can include face-to-face, online, Zoom, and Hyflex instruction
- Advise undergraduate/graduate students
- Assist with curriculum development, assessment monitoring, and accreditation criteria compliance
- Provide department, college, University, and professional service in accordance with departmental guidelines including participation with student organizations and networking with representatives from the accounting profession
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission)
- Master's Degree with 18 graduate credit hours completed in Accounting (Degree must be from a regionally or internationally accredited university).
- Professional certification in Accounting (e.g. CPA, CMA) or related area
- Ability to deliver highly effective teaching for a variety of courses in Accounting
- Ability to advise and mentor students
- Evidence of academic and/or professional experience that supports the ability to prepare students for the CPA exam
- Evidence of effective communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
, Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.Required Information & Deadline Application Deadline:
The position is available January 2024
and will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by November 1, 2023
. To Apply:
Submit the following items by clicking on the APPLY
button at the top of the page:
Additional Information About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO):
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook
SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan Departmental Information:
The Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance has 11 full-time faculty and approximately 320 undergraduate majors. It is part of the Harrison College of Business and Computing which has accreditation with AACSB, NIBS, and ABET, as well as DHS and NSA Designations. The college has approximately 1,630 undergraduate students and 800 graduate students. More information is available at https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/business-computing/accounting-economics-finance/
.To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4223126/instructor-accounting-economics-and-finance-accounting
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
jeid-d89b5eb36040784394162d1e776f36c9Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at Southeast Missouri State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University