ASDOH - Assistant Professor, CCU Clinical FacultyJob Category:
Mesa, AZ 85206, USAMesa, AZ 85206, USAJob Details Description
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU - ASDOH) is seeking a full-time exempt General Dentist for the CCU Clinic at the Assistant Professor level. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Comprehensive Care on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Assistant Professor will conduct teaching, patient care, scholarly and service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the School and University with primary responsibility to facilitate the students' clinical experience from foundational knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral and clinical sciences.Duties & Responsibilities:
Experience & Education:
- General - promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality, commitment to diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning environment.
- General - conduct teaching, scholarship, service and patient care in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Teaching - clinical supervision as a general dentist in the CCUs or other ASDOH clinics; effectively carry out lecture, seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned.
- Service - Participate in committees, faculty governance, professional societies and associations, and community events.
- Scholarship - As workload allows, establish and maintain activity in area of expertise.
- Clinical Supervision: Provide clinical supervision of predoctoral dental students in patient care activities within the scope of general dentistry.
- Documentation: Complete documentation on student performance and progress towards competency; review and approve EHR.
- Enforce clinic policy including infection control, quality improvement, risk management, recordkeeping, etc & assure safety
- Provide direct patient care that supports community service, efficient clinic operations, student education, or when in the best interest of the patient (e.g: treatment is too complex for assigned student provider).
- Instruct students in the simulation clinic as assigned; collaborate with Course Director on assessment of student performance.
- Effectively carry out lecture, seminar and clinical assignments and responsibilities as assigned, including appropriate student assessment.
- Be readily available to students for mentoring and consultation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- DDS or DMD degree required.
- Three to five years experience in private practice or advanced graduate training as a general dentist or prosthodontist.
- Experience in clinical dental teaching is preferred.
- Knowledge of contemporary techniques and skills in the scope of general dentistry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to be self-directed and take the initiative.
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry.
- Must be eligible for Arizona Dental License.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
.Qualifications Skills Behaviors: Motivations: Education Preferred
Doctorate or better in Dental Medicine, DMD.
Doctorate or better in Dental Surgery, DDS.Experience Licenses & Certifications To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=a255eae2-c3ae-4833-a18d-14893c9e12ebCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at A.T. Still University. When inquiring or applying for positions at A.T. Still University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at A.T. Still University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at A.T. Still University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at A.T. Still University.