MOSDOH - Assistant Professor, Preclinical Restorative FacultyJob Category:
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USAJob Details Description
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking full-time exempt Preclinical Restorative Faculty. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education and Simulation Clinic. The purpose of this position is to assure pre-clinical instruction including but not limited to aspects of restorative dentistry (including operative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics) through delivery of didactic and simulation clinic coursework as well as assessment of student learning.Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Deliver didactic content for all restorative dentistry coursework, including Operative I and II, Fixed Prosthodontics (including Implant Dentistry), and Removable Prosthodontics (Complete and Partial).
- Develop and/ or revise learning objectives and associated assessments for pre-clinical restorative coursework.
- Deliver simulation clinic content for all restorative dentistry coursework, including demonstrations of correct procedural techniques to a large student audience.
- Produce adjunctive educational materials such as demonstration videos or sample laboratory projects for the students to reference.
- Maintain and revise didactic content (lecture materials) as directed.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, maintain and revise laboratory manual content and written examination content.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, help students achieve competence in the pre-clinical setting.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, grade assessments and assess student progress and implement remediation requirements in the Simulation Clinic.
- Identify challenges to the restorative dentistry curriculum and propose appropriate resolutions to the Assistant Dean, Simulation Clinic.
- Assure transition of pre-clinical content to the MOSDOH clinical setting.
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity as assigned and agreed upon with the Assistant Dean and/or Dean and Vice Dean.
- Serve on MOSDOH Committee(s) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education and/or the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs and/or Dean.
Faculty appointment to MOSDOH needed at the assistant professor level or higher.
- DMD/DDS/BDS, post-doctoral certificate or Prosthodontics training is highly desired.
- 3-5 years in dental education, especially at the pre-doctoral level.
- Experience in Restorative Dentistry.
- Pre-doctoral curriculum assessment and development
- Excellent lecture and demonstration skills for a pre-doctoral audience
- Ability to assess students' fine motor skills and students' progress in this area
- Must be willing to work with all students, faculty, and staff in a collegial manner.
- Excellent communication skills in both a lecture (large-audience) format and in the more personalized laboratory setting (as when working one-on-one with students).
- The applicant must be able to tailor their communication skills to different learning styles so that all students can benefit.
- The applicant must be of a patient and calm temperament so as to encourage student development and student confidence as they progress through the pre-clinical curriculum.
- The applicant should be personable, with a positive attitude .
- The applicant should be organized and detail-oriented, and also adaptable and open to new ideas.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.Qualifications Skills Behaviors: Motivations: Education Experience Licenses & Certifications To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6e6226cb-992e-4267-bffd-4afcfc11019cCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at A.T. Still University. When inquiring or applying for positions at A.T. Still University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at A.T. Still University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at A.T. Still University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at A.T. Still University.