KCOM - Assistant Professor AnatomyJob Category:
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USAJob Details Description
The Department of Anatomy at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM) of A.T. Still University invites applications for a full-time (12-month), tenure-track faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level. As we value diversity and inclusivity, we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or other terminal degree with formal training in one or more anatomical disciplines, such as Histology, Human Gross Anatomy, or Neuroanatomy. Additionally, candidates should possess at least two years of postdoctoral experience and demonstrate a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning environment. Teaching responsibilities at KCOM and the Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health (MOSDOH) encompass a wide range of anatomical subjects, including Histology, Human Gross Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, and Embryology for medical and dental students. In line with the ATSU vision and mission, this role requires a balance between teaching, research, and service as determined by the department chair. Our faculty members enjoy designated research space and initial funding support for independent research projects. Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills are essential qualities we seek in candidates. Major Job Duties
Qualifications Skills Required Problem Solving Ability
- Engage actively in supporting the teaching mission of the department, fostering an inclusive and diverse learning environment.
- Perform independent research/scholarly activity.
- Contribute to the academic mission of the University through professional service at the College and University level and in professional organizations at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Skills and Requirements.
- PhD, DO, or MD required.
- Must be able to work efficiently both as a team member, and as an independent worker.
- Must be tactful and work well within a larger organization.
- Must work well without direct supervision.
- Must accept responsibility, but know when to ask for help or advice.
- Must be self-correcting in terms of achieving goals.
- Should be personable, non-judgmental, patient, and work well with others.
- Needs to have a natural interest in medical education.
- Must be flexible and able to work on many types of projects.
- Should be dependable.
Intermediate Diplomacy & Tact
Intermediate Team Player
Intermediate Behaviors: Motivations: Education Preferred
PHD or better.Experience Required 2-3 years:
Teaching experience in a medical and/or dental setting 2-3 years:
Experience with budgets 2-3 years:
Basic computer experience Preferred 2-3 years:
Administrative experience helpful Licenses & Certifications To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=a0af1124-5566-4715-9711-b11a7c1db6edCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at A.T. Still University. When inquiring or applying for positions at A.T. Still University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at A.T. Still University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at A.T. Still University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at A.T. Still University.