North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4: 11-12).
Come join the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences team at North Central University. We invite applications for a Social Work Program Director, beginning in August 2020.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the ongoing accreditation process with CSWE, including continuous review and assessment of the program to ensure compliance with CSWE.
- Curriculum development and oversight, course planning, and providing recommendations to the Department Chair regarding faculty teaching assignments.
- Teaching core social work courses and electives.
- Overseeing student recruitment efforts and managing the admissions process, including meeting with prospective students, making admission decisions, and orientation of incoming students.
- Working with the Field Coordinator to develop partnerships with local and regional agencies to identify appropriate placements for students.
- Overseeing student progress and managing academic actions (i.e. advising, student review, student dismissal from program).
- Representing and advocating for the BSW program at the University.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience
- MSW from a CSWE-approved program
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-MSW experience in social work practice
- Minnesota Social Work license (LGSW, LISW or LICSW) or ability to obtain at least LGSW status by September 1, 2020.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A DSW or a Ph.D. in Social Work
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education
- Demonstrated understanding of the 2015 CSWE EPAS standards and experience with the CSWE accreditation process
- Established record of teaching effectiveness with diverse student populations
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at North Central University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
The deadline for first consideration is April 1. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. Position is open until filled.