Prairie View A&M UniversitySenior Classification & Compensation AnalystJob Title
Senior Classification & Compensation AnalystAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Personnel ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
$4,389.18 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst, under direction, conducts complex job analyses to determine the proper classification of positions; conducting and completing salary surveys; evaluating requests for new positions and recommending the appropriate job title, salary range and Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status for faculty and staff positions. In addition, the Senior Classification & Compensation Analyst is responsible for the generation and analysis of advanced HR related reports to support the institution's compensation philosophy and practices. Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Proactively interacts with faculty and staff administrators on proposed new position requests, reclassifications and position updates for faculty and staff positions. Studies position requests in the HRIS System and conducts thorough job analyses on new positions, including reclassifications for faculty and staff to make title and salary recommendations within the established Pay Plan. Reviews accuracy of position updates by revising job responsibilities, and salary details as appropriate and offers additional guidance to the department as needed.
- Interprets Fair Labor Standards Act criteria in the analyses of positions. Compiles and analyzes statistical information using spreadsheets and software, designs and implements data collection and reports for position data, salary projections, pay planning and other special projects.
- Develops skills and competency-based career ladders for job families with the established pay plan for career progression and development. Writes new job descriptions for approval and incorporation into the Pay Plan.
- Completes annual market studies on faculty and staff and other salary studies for benchmarked positions annually on an as-needed basis, using various market survey tools. Participates in the completion of annual salary surveys for CUPA, IPEDS, and others as needed.
- Writes and maintains standard operating procedures and compensation guidelines, web content, instructional, tutorials and other communication pieces on compensation practices. Conducts training and presentations to management on aspects of compensation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources Management or closely related field.
- Five years of human resources experience preferably in the area of Compensation.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of progressive discipline principles and investigation methodology.
- Ability to fabricate instructional procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and/or other statistical analyses software and HRIS.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments
- Applicants with equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree may be considered. One year of the related experience is the equivalent of one college year. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have four years of related experience to meet the equivalency in lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus the minimum required years of experience. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have a total of six years of experience.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter (Optional)
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Senior-Classification---Compensation-Analyst_R-028916
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com