Designs and delivers instruction in broad education courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Other duties include chairing doctoral dissertations, advising undergraduate students, and sponsoring student organizations.
- Prepares lessons and delivers instruction for day, evening, and online courses for undergraduate, master, and doctoral level courses as needed.
- Adheres to the established class schedule and office hours. Submits contracts, book requests, syllabi, grades, evaluations, and other required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Conducts research, and writes and submits articles for publication in academic journals, Remains knowledgeable of current research activities in respective disciplines by reading journal articles, attending conferences, and maintaining relationships with other fellow researchers.
- Teaches undergraduate, master, and doctoral level courses.
- Participates in curriculum and program development and assessment.
- Advises undergraduate education students.
- Supervises and evaluates clinical teachers and teacher residents.
- Participates in scholarly and academic activities.
- Participates in university committees and School of Education committees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction: ABD considered
- A minimum of five years of public-school teaching experience and 2-5 years of collegiate-level teaching preferred.
- Demonstrated potential for strong teaching and quality research is required.
- Thorough understanding of K-12 education with a clear understanding of curriculum, instructional, and program implementation.
- Familiarity with academic policies and procedures of higher education institutions.
- Ability to comply with rules, standards, regulation, and laws related to student records.
- Ability to adhere to University and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to be discrete in handling confidential matters while complying with FERPA regulations.
- Evidence of excellence in and commitment to K-12 education instruction.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to demonstrate and provide excellent service to both the University and the community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the field and at the University.
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and/or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, students, and University employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To apply, send a current curriculum vita; a cover letter indication the position desired; transcripts; three references with names, addresses, and telephone numbers; and a statement of personal teaching philosophy. You can also visit txwes.edu/hr for full job description and apply. EOE
Jobs at Texas Wesleyan University,.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Texas Wesleyan University,, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Texas Wesleyan University, and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Texas Wesleyan University, are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Texas Wesleyan University,.
Open until Filled