• Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred from an accredited college or university in related field
• 3 years' experience in housing or residence life required.
• Prefer 3 or more years of related experience in student affairs
• Knowledge of student conduct processes, student development philosophies and a demonstrated ability to respond to complex and emergency situations in a clear, calm, and consistent manner required.
• Proficient leadership, collaboration, communication and organizational skills required.
• Requires work on evenings, and weekends.
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and lead multi-functional teams and to address complex personnel issues in a decentralized environment
• Self-motivated individual with a high level of integrity and trustworthiness with demonstrated leadership experience
• Able to work effectively in a diverse and participatory environment
• Demonstrated ability to navigate change effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with a solid understanding of cultural, ethnic, and individual identities
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality
• Plan, develop, and coordinate a residence life program designed to engage students and stakeholders in the on-campus living community.
• Provide response to students/staff for situations including students in crisis, student behavioral issues, student wellness, general student safety, and roommate conflicts.
• Receive and respond to concerns and complaints from students, parents, and/or other stakeholders.
• Provide direction and support for staff development, including the recruitment, selection, training, evaluation, and supervision of staff positions with the department
• Participate and provide staff with opportunities for personal growth and development through active membership and participation in professional organizations at state and regional levels.
• Interpret, enforce, and review policies and procedures necessary to provide a safe and secure living environment on-campus; submit proposed changes which require approval to the Assistant Vice President for Student Services.
• Work cooperatively with the Student Conduct Coordinator to address Honor Code processes, policies, and violations.
• Work with the Assistant Vice President for Student Services to provide educational and social programming to residents.
• Assist the Assistant Vice President for Student Services with the requests from groups and individuals to return to campus prior to scheduled operating dates (early arrivals).
• Assist the Assistant Vice President for Student Services in administering the University's residency requirement and meal plan requirements.
• Inspect all residence halls on a regular basis.
• Work with Assistant Vice President for Student Services to ensure routine maintenance and custodial requests are addressed in a timely manner.
• Work with Assistant Vice President for Student Services to coordinate development and submission of annual maintenance and facility improvements with Facilities Management Team and monitor achievement.
• Develop specific, achievable, and measurable short-range goals for the department.
• Identify trends and potential patterns within the housing profession, working with appropriate University stakeholders to improve or develop processes.
• Conduct studies, surveys, and reports necessary and requested to comply with institutional or governmental requests/regulations, including periodic accreditation reviews.
• Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings with Residence Life Staff to convey information, to coordinate functions of the department, and to provide staff development opportunities.
• Represent Department of Residence Life at recruiting events and new student orientation.
• Serve on university committees, as assigned.
• Be an active and engaged member of the Campus and Residential Life Team.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other units of the University essential to the operations of the University and the Residence Life Department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Demonstrates o Trustworthiness o Confidence o Enthusiasm o Initiative o Flexibility o Sound work ethics
• Proven Skills o Listening skills o Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
• Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
• Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
• Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
• Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
• Adhere to the Jarvis Christian University Code of Ethics
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Twelve (12) month position
View more Jarvis Christian University jobs and apply here: https://www.jarvis.edu/job-listings
Jobs at Jarvis Christian University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian University .