The Plumber/Fitter performs skilled work on various mechanical and utility systems, including potable and waste water, low pressure steam, water distillation, fire protection, elevator, natural gas, swimming pool, and backflow prevention.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but not limited to:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing installations and fixtures in campus facilities.
- Repairs and maintains pool water treatment and water softening systems and monitors chemical treatment of the swimming pool.
- Monitors, repairs and maintains low pressure steam boiler and water distillation system and makes installations and repairs to steam and distilled water distribution systems.
- Repairs and maintains commercial kitchen equipment.
- Inspects and troubleshoots elevator system, makes repairs when possible, and recommends use of outside contractor when necessary.
- Maintains inventory and initiates requests for trade-specific parts and supplies as approved by the Mechanical/Facilities Supervisor.
- Performs annual backflow tests and make repairs to systems.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Potable and waste water systems
- Water distillation and low pressure steam boiler systems
- Elevator operation
- National plumbing codes
- Single and three-phase electrical systems
- Gas distribution systems
- Repair and maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment
- Record keeping and preventative maintenance procedures
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and plumbing codes
- Communication, as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- High school diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of general plumbing experience
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid driver's license;
- Must be able to obtain backflow and pool certification.
- Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, intense noises, and travel.
- Positions in this classification typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Occasional weekend and after hours work will be required.
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .