Assistant Professor of Accounting
Craig School of Business
The AACSB-accredited Craig School of Business in the College of Business and Professional Studies at Missouri Western State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Accounting position beginning in Spring 2024 (January). Successful candidates for this position will hold a Ph.D. in Accounting (ABD candidates considered).
The Craig School of Business is committed to providing students with a strong foundation of business knowledge and applied learning experiences skills through five BSBA degrees, as well as both online and traditional MBA degree programs with concentrations in Engineering Technology, Management, Forensic Accounting and General Business. Nonacademic units integral to the Craig School of Business includes the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Center for Franchise Development, and the Center for Workforce Development.
Essential Job Duties
Duties for candidates for tenure-track positions include performance of activities corresponding with the teaching, scholarship, and service expectations for the department and college.
We seek colleagues with disciplinary expertise and professional experience, evidence of exceptional teaching, and the potential for scholarly productivity and collaboration with the region and community.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate disciplinary and professional expertise, and evidence of exceptional and innovative teaching and advising with diverse undergraduate or adult learners (in-person and online).
- Exhibit existing and potential scholarly productivity as well as the desire to collaborate with colleagues, the region, and community.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on department committees, attend department meetings, and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
- Ph.D. or AACSB-accepted terminal Degree in Accounting or closely related field (ABD considered)
- Experience teaching undergraduate or adult learners
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses such as Accounting Techniques, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Income Tax, and Auditing. Experience in graduate courses including Foundations of Finance and Accounting, Auditing, and Business Taxation is preferred.
- Interest in curricular design and innovation in the delivery of business and accounting curriculum at the graduate and undergraduate level
- Success working with students as an advisor, mentor, or internship supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
As Missouri's designated applied learning institution, we seek a candidate who is both collaborative and service oriented, and who demonstrates a strong commitment to building real-world active-learning environments.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Designated as the State of Missouri's applied learning institution, Missouri Western State University is a public open-access institution located in St. Joseph, Missouri, on a beautiful 744-acre campus approximately 35 minutes north of the Kansas City International Airport. With 4,500 plus graduate and undergraduate students and over 29,000 alumni, Missouri Western is designated as a First-Gen Forward campus dedicated to academic innovation, regional and community partnerships, and a student-centered experience.
Missouri Western State University is an active participant in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves, and the campus' distinctive focus on applied learning and research is a hallmark of its innovative teaching and learning environment. Missouri Western seeks to build an inclusive environment that is open, welcoming, and supportive of individuals of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups and women to apply for this position.
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .