UCCE Area Director San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara & Ventura Counties, Job ID 58927
University of California Agriculture and Natural ResourcesCounty Locations
: San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura CountyDate Posted
: September 8, 2023Closing Date
: Until FilledPosition Summary:
The University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) is seeking a UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Area Director to provide leadership in support of applied research and outreach programs across San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. Our mission is to bring the resources and expertise of UC directly to Californians through research and education programs that support:
- Sustainable, safe, and nutritious food production and delivery
- Economic success in a global economy
- A sustainable, healthy, and productive environment
- Science literacy and youth development
The Area Director is responsible for the coordination and overall operation of UCCE programs in cooperation with county government in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between UCCE and County Departments, Boards of Supervisors and County Administrative Officers as appropriate
- Serve as a county department head for the University of California Cooperative Extension department in San Luis Obispo County.
- Partner with the Agricultural Commissioner's office in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties to build relationships and support to provide UCCE programming
- Secure county budgets and resources that grow UCCE presence and efforts in the county
- Build relationships and synergies to deploy UCCE research to address county needs
- Supervision and or oversight of county employees
- Understand and communicate value of UCCE impact to county partners and others
- Oversight and administration of UCCE educational and applied research programs
- Hire and manage personnel
- Provide direction and leadership to UCCE academic and support staff
- Mentor, manage and evaluate academic personnel
- Supervision of UC ANR employees
- Maintain positive working relationships with partnering public and private agencies
- Expand collaborations and funding sources.
- Comply with University of California and county policies.
The Area Director oversees management of the physical plant and human resources. They will increase the visibility of UCCE through community engagement, including but not limited to, needs assessments, representing UC ANR in local and/or regional initiatives, participation in relevant policy development, and communicating the positive impacts and benefits realized by the citizens and workforce of the local counties, region and state from the activities and contributions of local UCCE programs.
UCCE is administered by the University of California, Division of Agriculture Natural Resources. UCCE brings the knowledge of University of California research through its agriculture, natural resources, youth development and nutrition programs to address local questions and to help solve local problems. UCCE academics, staff, and volunteers live and work in the communities they serve, helping identify, respond to, and resolve local challenges. UC ANR connects Californians to UC, leading the way to science-based solutions.Location Headquarters:
This position will be headquartered in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara or Ventura County.
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed.Pay Scale:
$93,200/year to $141,500/yearBenefits:
The University of California offers comprehensive benefits including vacation, sick leave, and approximately thirteen paid holidays per year. For more information, refer to the UC Benefits website at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.
The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check. This is a designated position requiring a background check and may require fingerprinting due to the nature of the job responsibilities. UC ANR does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities.As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.To apply, please visit: https://ucanr.edu/About/Jobs/?jobnum=2624Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources.