Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Lasell University, is a private university located just 8 miles from Boston, in Newton, MA. Lasell offers over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs and a deep commitment to connected learning. We are seeking an Assistant Director of Financial Aid, who will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of financial aid administration, focusing on our undergraduate student population.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
- Counsel students and families about available financial aid, scholarships and general student eligibility criteria.
- Responsible for verification, awarding and quality control functions for all student populations.
- Package and modify financial aid for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Manage state grant programs.
- Process and disburse federal, state and institutional aid along with private loans.
- Train, manage and supervise student employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of office policies and procedures for awarding financial aid based on federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Collaborate with other departments to support student success, recruitment, retention and degree completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid and Lasell University at Open Houses, Orientations and various program information meetings.
- Monitor students' Satisfactory Academic Progress, determine student continued eligibility for receipt of aid, make decisions and use professional judgement beyond routine policies and procedures.
- Assist the coordination and development, implementation, integration and maintenance of automated student outreach efforts with other campus departments; develop, update and present financial aid information through the use of brochures, literature, website, and workshops directed toward students, parents, and community groups; maintain and update Student Financial Services office information resource library.
- Attend and participate in professional organizations, seminars and/or courses to maintain current information concerning regulations and services, best practices, provide for financial aid development and to represent the university at conferences and other events.
- Excellent verbal communication and counseling skills along with strong written communication skills
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education level: Bachelor's degree required.Computer skills:
Able to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel), familiarity and able to use programs such as PowerFAIDS, ELM, COD, and PowerCAMPUS. Other Requirements of the Job:
This is a HYBRID POSITION and will require at 4 days a week on campus, and one remote. WHY LASELL?
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a similar capacity within higher education
- Minimum 1 year of progressive financial aid experience
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Attention to detail, effective technical, written and oral communication skills
- An enthusiasm for working in a team-oriented environment but also able to work independently
- Occasional weekend work required
- Strong organizational skills
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/assistant-director-of-financial-aid.htmlCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Tuition benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid/remote work options
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Lasell University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Lasell University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Lasell University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Lasell University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Lasell University.