Director of Brand Marketing and Web Strategy
Job Requisition ID
Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Statement
In addition to its commitment to a harassment-free educational and working environment, the College is an equal employment opportunity employer. The College is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable state and federal laws on the matter. The College does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition or medical leave, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. The College also prohibits the harassment of any employee on any of these bases.
Job Posting Title:
Director of Brand Marketing and Web Strategy
Job Details and Requirement:
APPROXIMATE SALARY RANGE:
$110,000 - $115,000 PER YEAR
The Director of Brand Marketing & Web Strategy serves as a key member of the CMC Strategic Communications & Marketing team, and is responsible for championing the brand, and infusing it into all Communications & Marketing initiatives, and leading the direction and vision of the College's website, working collaboratively and proactively to create, coordinate and update content so that the web is an impactful and efficient tool for connecting with all audiences. This role leads the development, editing and optimization of CMC web properties using the College's Drupal platform and ensuring sites perform as needed to deliver on marketing and communication goals. The role will guide and support all CMC web efforts including new site creation, site migrations, content strategy, and ongoing assessment and optimization of the College's web presence.
The Director works closely with other web professionals on the MarCom team, collegiate units, the IT team, and other campus and vendor partners as needed. The Director will serve as a key resource and point of contact in the college for web-related content issues and will work with the Web Manager to utilize web governance tools like Google Analytics to assess quality and performance of CMC websites and recommend and implement changes to improve performance and user experience. The Director will provide consultation, training, and informational resources to coach and empower website users in CMC departments and institutes with greater ability to edit and maintain their sites while ensuring the optimal technical performance and user experience.
The Director will develop and maintain a web and CRM content calendar in partnership with Admission, Advancement and Content teams to deliver on the College's strategies. This includes conducting audience segmentation analysis, journey mapping, and strategies to improve UX/UI and SEO. The introduction of a SEO strategy will be a critical objective for this role in the first year.
The Director will also lead the CRM tool for Admission, developing all marketing strategies, emails and CRM engagement including geo-targeted SEM. The role will oversee Data & Analytics and will take a data-driven approach to strategy and measurement.
Reports to the Associate Vice President/Chief Strategic Communications Officer.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Director will identify new opportunities for engagement and innovation across CMC's digital platforms, ensuring a strong representation of the CMC brand.
• Responsible for the CMC website, and ancillary sites, developing and managing a content calendar with our Content partners that delivers on the objectives.
• Lead the CRM tool for Admission, developing all marketing strategies, emails and CRM engagement including geo-targeted SEM.
• The role will oversee Data & Analytics and will take a data-driven approach to strategy and measurement.
• Conduct audience segmentation analysis, journey mapping, and strategies to improve UX/UI and SEO.
• Develop and implement a SEO strategy to drive organic search.
• Develop a brand style guide for the College, and support for the Institutes.
• Conduct an audit of the College's visual identity and implement a plan to unify branding.
• Perform other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: The individual must have 7+ years of relevant experience in marketing project management and web strategy within an agency, academic, non-profit or business environment.
LICENSES: Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to the College's automobile insurance carrier.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Must be a flexible self-starter and team player who enjoys collaboration with a wide variety of constituencies.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and decision-making and organizational and planning skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and deadlines within a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
• Must be able to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion.
• The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of the College, the advancement of its mission and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
• Must be a skilled project manager in the creation and placement of digital content.
• Must be highly proficient in all standard computer digital applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Drupal, WordPress, Google Analytics, Monday.com, etc.
• The ideal candidate for this role will be a collaborative, self-driven digital expert seeking to join a collaborative team of marketing professionals. Dedication to customer service, appetite for learning, confidence making decisions and taking responsibility, and a proven ability to take and give constructive feedback are also highly desirable.
• Expert-level knowledge of modern web strategy practices, technologies, and how these align with marketing objectives.
• Experience managing the overall strategy and content for a complex website
• Three or more years of experience working with CMSes such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
• Successful and effective supervision of staff or projects, preferably in the web services function
• Experience working on a complex, large site redesign or migration
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build collaborative relationships
• Proven knowledge of technical and content-driven SEO
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to use HTML to make front-end edits to web content as needed
• Familiarity with web accessibility issues, standards, and practices
• Experience using additional tools like Search Console, Looker Studio, SEOMoz, and Siteimprove to analyze web sites, communicate findings to stakeholders, and implement improvements.
• A commitment to working transparently and collaboratively.
• Experience executing and assessing digital marketing efforts.
• Ability to produce high-quality work under a deadline, while remaining positive amid constructive feedback.
• Experience developing brands, brand standards and brand guidelines.
• Experience with various digital marketing technologies and techniques (landing page design, email, CRM including Slate, paid campaigns (SEM), etc.)
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment for the web, including privacy, GDPR, and accessibility
• Familiarity with Monday.com for managing complex work and projects a plus
• Google Analytics certification
REQUIRED HOURS: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the College or division. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required to support campus programs and activities. Occasional requirements to work outside of standard business hours may be required to ensure timely responsiveness to our college community.
CLASSIFICATION AND STATUS:
This is a full-time, 12-month year-round, exempt level, benefits-eligible position.
Supervisor – AB1825: Yes
Mandatory Reporter – CA Penal Code: Yes
Responsible Employee – Title IX: Yes
Campus Security Authority – The Clery Act: Yes
A CSA is a key partner in helping the College comply with the requirements of the federal Clery Act, the goal of which is to provide information about safety and crimes on campus. Because crimes are often reported to employees who are not law enforcement or campus safety officers, the Clery Act obligates the College to identify who on our campus is likely to receive such reports and inform them of this role and responsibility and train them on what to do with that information. As a result of this designation, upon hire, and periodically thereafter, you are required to take the Clery Act training course. Such online course will be assigned to you and will need to be completed within the first six months of your employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment and include reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. May occasionally lift/push/pull items up to 20 lbs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
GROOMING AND APPEARANCE: The Claremont Colleges seek to maintain a neat and professional image at all times.
BACKGROUND CHECK: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a full consumer background check. Certain positions will require the successful completion of a post-offer physical agility test. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory results of the aforementioned, in addition to compliance with the requirements cited in this job description.
ADA/OSHA: This job description defines the essential or fundamental job duties of this position. It is assumed that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing the risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
DISCLAIMER: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties and responsibilities can change and develop over time, accordingly the College reviews job description on a periodic basis and may make changes of business necessity.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT: Employment with the College is "at-will" meaning that the terms of employment may be changed with or without notice, with or without cause, including, but not limited to termination, demotion, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, duties, and location of work. There is no agreement express or implied between the College and you for continuing or long-term employment. While the College has every hope that employment relationships will be mutually beneficial and rewarding, employees and the College retain the right to terminate the employment relationship at will, at any time, with or without cause. The President is the only person who can modify or alter the at-will employment relationship.
Claremont McKenna College hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Inquiries may be directed to the Director for Human Resources, 528 N. Mills Avenue, Claremont, California 91711-4015, (909) 621-8490. All applicants must complete and submit an online application to be considered for an open position.
Employment is contingent upon new employee providing documents verifying U.S. citizenship or, for aliens, documents verifying legal permission to work in the United States, applicant's acceptability for positions requiring use of a college vehicle is contingent upon a driving record acceptable to the College's automobile liability insurance. Promotion from within is encouraged whenever qualified employees of Claremont McKenna College are available. Interested employees of the College are urged to contact the Office of Human Resources if qualified for any open position. Please do not contact departments directly.
In compliance with applicable laws ensuring equal opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, CMC will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual (applicant or employee) with a disability if the disability affects the performance of essential job functions, unless the accommodation results in an undue hardship for the College. Employment decisions are based on the merit and not an individual's disability.
An applicant or employee who requires an accommodation should contact the immediate supervisor and the Human Resources Office. If multiple accommodations are identified that do not pose an undue hardship for the College, the selection of an accommodation will be at CMC's discretion. To request disability accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (909) 621-8490 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply: https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CMC_Staff/details/Director-of-Brand-Marketing-and-Web-Strategy_REQ-5585
When inquiring or applying for positions at Claremont McKenna College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Claremont McKenna College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Claremont McKenna College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Claremont McKenna College .
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency