Project Manager A (Department of Neurology)University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Project Manager A (Department of Neurology)Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project AJob Description Summary
The Penn Neurogenetics Therapy Center (PNTC) supports investigators conducting complex industry-sponsored, first-in-human trials of gene and molecular therapies for neurological diseases. The PNTC is seeking a Project Manager A (PM A) who will be responsible for day-to-day management of assigned clinical research projects conducted in collaboration with Penn internal entities and external sponsors through their entire lifecycle (startup, conduct, closeout). The PM A will function in a lead capacity while overseeing existing project activities, supporting the implementation of new projects in accordance with federal regulations, institutional policy and established timelines. This position will report to the PNTC Director of Operations, support study investigators and their study teams.Job Description
Responsibilities include but are not limited to 1) Pre-award management of startup activities across departments, development of budgets, submissions for legal, regulatory and ancillary reviews, and operationalization of study protocols and procedures, 2) Post-award supportive oversight of study teams, study conduct and study closeout. The PM A will oversee all clinical visit activities including recruitment, enrollment, collection and processing of study data and biological samples, data entry and queries, and completion of monitoring and closeout visits. The PM A will work with the study team and PNTC Finance and Administration Specialist to provide proper financial oversight of the assigned studies. 3) Ensuring protocol compliance in accordance with established timelines, institutional policies, federal regulations and good clinical practices. Reporting study progress internally and to study sponsors, and maintaining regulatory approvals, 4) Onboarding, training and overseeing relevant PNTC clinical research personnel, and 5) Assisting the Director of Operations with developing and updating center processes and standard operating procedures.
The position may require communication with patients and staff outside of office hours. Hours are flexible to adapt to protocol requirements, and may include evenings or weekend as necessary.
The job pay range encompasses the full range of employees from new hires to the salaries of Penn employees with many years of experience and seniority. It is not a precise indicator of the new salaries of new hires when working at the top end.Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
The position is contingent on continued funding.Qualifications
Job Location - City, State
- Bachelor of Science and 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. The applicant must have prior experience with industry-sponsored clinical trials.
- PREFERRED: Applicants with prior experience with early phase trials, gene and molecular therapies, start-up activities (financial and legal), regulatory/ethics reviews and human subject research policies and practices will be preferred. The applicant should demonstrate excellent planning, organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, effective prioritizing and problem-solving abilities, and strong communication and writing skills.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$51,824.00 - $90,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/HUP/Project-Manager-A--Department-of-Neurology-_JR00078507-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn
Jobs at the University of Pennsylvania. When inquiring or applying for positions within the University of Pennsylvania, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Pennsylvania are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Pennsylvania.