Associate Director C (PSOM Graduate Group)University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director C (PSOM Graduate Group)Job Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) Graduate Group Associate Director provides primary programmatic and administrative oversight for the National Clinician Scholars Program (NCSP) and operational and budgetary oversight for the Master of Science in Health Policy Research (MSHP) program.
The position works regularly and collaboratively with multiple constituencies, including program faculty, senior leadership, students/scholars, fellow administrators and NCSP central and site staff.Job Description
The University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) seeks a Graduate Group Associate Director to be the Administrative and Programmatic lead for PSOM's Master of Science in Health Policy Research (MSHP) program and the National Clinician Scholars Program (NCSP). The MSHP enrolls approximately 20 students per year in a two-year rigorous research program, while the NCSP provides comprehensive career development for approximately 18 Scholars per year, most of whom are co-enrolled in the MSHP. Under the direction of the NCSP faculty directors, the Associate Director C will be involved in all aspects of operation of the programs, including recruitment, and registration for students/scholars, as well as several financial management tasks for both the MSHP and NCSP including monitoring program spending and budgetary planning. The Associate Director C will have extensive interactions with program faculty and will often be the first point of content for prospective students. The Associate Director C will also organize regular faculty and faculty-student meetings, as well as oversee the planning and logistics of special events. The Associate Director C will manage a Graduate Group Coordinator B in achieving all of these goals. The successful applicant will have managerial experience, outstanding organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and interact well with a wide variety of Penn faculty members, staff, and students.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Highly proficient with word processing, database, presentation and organizational computer programs and tools (MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, e-mail and calendar programs
Strong organizational skills
Ability to work under changing deadlines, priorities, and pressure.
Able to exercise discretion with confidential information.
Background in education desired, experience with financial management preferred.
Familiarity with University of Pennsylvania's student records and/or financial software systems would be a plus.
Prior experience managing staff would be a plus.
Able to prioritize and exercise problem solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to work well as part of a team.
Cover letter and cv required with application
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.Targeted Pay Range: $70,000- $80,600
This Targeted Pay Range is only applicable to this job posting. All salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$51,824.00 - $76,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall/Associate-Director-C--PSOM-Graduate-Group-_JR00078826-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency