The Center for Performing Arts at Governors State University (GSU) invites applicants for Concession & Events Assistant part-time seasonal positions. We seek individuals eager to serve in a joyful high-pace environment with a spirit of generosity, radical hospitality, and inclusion.
The Center for Performing Arts (www.centertickets.net) serves as a welcoming cultural destination, showcasing diverse voices and stories that cultivate, connect, and inspire our community through education, entertainment, and compassionate dialogue.
Concession & Event Assistants support a variety of event-related duties, including event preparation, concessions operations, and mixology. The job includes setup and cleanup of concession and event areas and equipment in support of produced, presented, rentals, and internal GSU events and receptions hosted by diverse stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality service to guests by offering them snack and beverage items for sale
- Steadfast production while working a fluctuating and sometimes demanding schedule, including mandatory attendance at events.
- Setup and cleanup of concession and event areas and equipment, inventory controls/rotation
- Dispense food and beverages including preparation, cost tally, and cash transaction with the customers.
- Use basic math skills and handle cash transactions in a fast pace environment. Responsible for a cash bank of over $200.00
- Inspect identification to ensure customer meets age requirements for alcohol consumption.
- Observe customer alcohol consumption and behavior to prohibit sales to intoxicated parties.
- Preparation and set-up of event areas (bar set up, decorations, other duties, as assigned)
- Support buses and lunch arrangements coordination in conjunction with the Theater Manager/ Patron Service Manager for arts in educational performances
- Assist Theater Manager and Patron Service Manager with front-of-house duties and coordination of VIP activities/special events, as needed.
Occasional heavy lifting up to 20 pounds particularly in the concession stand duties and general endurance during certain weekend events.
This is a temporary assignment which will end when funding or hours is exhausted. Employees in this position performs a variety of duties as assigned by their supervisor and outlined above. Pay rate is $15 - $17 per hour commensurate with education/experience.
Jobs at Governors State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Governors State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Governors State University .