Lecturer of Sport Management
Georgia Southern University
Waters College of Health Professions / Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology
The Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology in the Waters College of Health Professions invites applications and nominations for the position of non-tenure track Lecturer of Sport Management.
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving over 25,500 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
Within this setting, the Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology is a dynamic and growing unit of over 50 faculty and staff serving over 2,000 majors enrolled in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. The Department promotes undergraduate and graduate education, scholarship, research and grant procurement and a commitment to professional and public service. The Sport Management program is well-established, and it is officially approved by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) in 1995. The program consists of a BS Sport Management undergraduate degree and an MS Sport Management graduate degree that typically enroll approximately 400 and 50 students each year, respectively.
Position Description. Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology, the Lecturer of Sport Management position requires service and teaching 4-5 three credit courses in our BS Sport Management program each fall and spring semester. These courses might include Introduction to Sport Management, Social Issues of Sport, Financial Management of Sport, Management of Sport Organizations, Facility and Event Management, Principles of Sport Development, Data Driven Sales in Sports, etc. If the successful candidate has earned a doctorate in Sport Management or a related field, they may also be asked to teach courses in our MS in Sport Management program. This is a 10-month non-tenure track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Earned master's degree* in Sport Management or a closely related field by August 1, 2024. A minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Sport/Business Management, Sport Sociology, Sport Administration, Sport Organization, or a closely related field is also required;
• Technological literacy and a commitment to integrate technology into teaching;
• Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives; and
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring, and curriculum design and development.
*Note: An earned doctorate in Sport Management or a closely related field will be required to teach courses in the graduate Sport Management program.
• Doctorate in Sport Management or a closely related field.
• Potential for online teaching.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
• All work (with limited exceptions such as research and study abroad and outside activities such as grading and email correspondence) for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy.
• Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on-campus.
• Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins October 9, 2023 and continues until the position is filled. The preferred position starting date is August 1, 2024. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
John Dobson, Search Chair, Search #67966
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: https://tinyurl.com/4ce832j2
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu or https://chp.georgiasouthern.edu/employment-opportunities/. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Jobs at Georgia Southern University. When inquiring or applying for positions within Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Georgia Southern University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Georgia Southern University.