Manages, directs, and leads the Student Financial Aid and Veterans Services departments and related programs and functions. Stays current on, interprets and complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and policy and procedures. Advises internal and external individuals and groups regarding departmental and related procedures. Serves as a compliance officer for the Financial Aid and Veteran’s Services to help record, implement, and document compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for Title IV funding and Veterans Educational Benefits. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible position.
Salary & Benefits
- Full Salary Range: $74,870 - $112,304/annually - depending on education and experience
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $74,870 - $93,587/annually - depending on education and experience
- Cafeteria Plan: In addition to the base compensation, benefits-eligible employees receive an extra $5,640 per year to put toward benefit costs or to be used as additional take-home pay
- Paid Holidays: 21 (including a full week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day and over Spring Break)
- Vacation & Sick Leave: Approximately 17 paid vacation days & 9 paid sick leave days accrued annually
- Health Insurance and Other Coverage: see https://www.coconino.edu/benefits/full-time-benefits
Coconino Community College Diversity Statement
Coconino Community College recognizes and respects diversity and the value it brings to our communities. We appreciate and welcome cultures, identities, beliefs, experiences and all that makes us unique. CCC champions and takes action to build an inclusive work and learning environment. We are allies and advocates, navigating respectful dialogue about our shared humanity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes goals and objectives for the department and related functions. Assists in establishing goals and strategic planning objectives for the division and College.
- Uses excellent management and supervisory practices. Recommends hires, terminations, non-renewals, or other actions. Conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary actions. Develops staff professionally.
- Manages programs including Pell, SEOG, LEAP, Federal Work-Study, and Veterans’ Educational Benefits, and develops predictive statistical models.
- Oversees the management of Veteran’s Services. Develops and maintains referral systems and support.
- Manages institutional and external scholarships. Collaborates with the CCC Business Office and outside agencies to disburse funds. Develops and maintains scholarship search assistance. Participates with CCC Foundation to maximize the distribution of scholarships.
- Oversees the management of the Federal Work-Study and institutional Wage program. Develops job opportunities through Collaboration with CCC departments and community service agencies, connecting work-study positions with relevant learning outcomes when appropriate.
- Oversees and directs management of Federal Direct Student Loans and alternative private loans. Monitors default rates and trends. Maintains and implements student loan default prevention plan.
- Represents the College, department, and division in internal and external committees. Helps develop or modify College policy and procedure as needed through appropriate bodies and implements it for the department.
- Innovates and progresses the department and the College in accordance with the College strategic plan and goals.
- Interprets laws and regulations. Advises other departments, College administration, or the District Governing Board regarding state and federal regulations related to Title IV funding and Veterans’ Educational Benefits. Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to ethical handling of all financial matters and advances the College’s core values and strategic plan. Upholds outstanding customer service for internal and external customers.
- Works with special student populations and maintains processes for referring students to other resources or services as needed.
- Responsible for the budget of all aid programs and the operational budget of the department. This includes developing, monitoring, and approving budgetary expenditures and requests.
- Develop packaging plans integrated with marketing, admissions, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Responsible for structuring, maintaining, and implementing SAP standards that are aligned with other College policies.
- Measures performance of the department and takes corrective action such as modifying departmental procedures to stay in compliance with changes in regulations (e.g., Title IV, Veteran Affairs, FERPA, Campus Security Reporting, Drug-Free Workplace and Sexual Harassment). Conducts and analyzes surveys or other information gathering as appropriate for improvement.
- Promotes and applies principles of an Achieve the Dream college, actively engaging staff, faculty, students, and the public in learning opportunities so the department both teaches and learns.
- Gathers and compiles data to prepare reports for the department and related functions. Submits these reports to internal and external individuals, groups, and agencies as appropriate. Prepares necessary reports to the U.S. Department of Education for the President's signature and approval (e.g., FISAP, Recertification, etc.) and Veteran or other state required reports.
- Oversees staff who set up and maintain financial aid systems, and collaborates with other departments and the Information Technology Office to ensure properly functioning systems for administrative capability.
- Ensures publications are in compliance with department standards and College requirements.
- May have guidance or mentoring role with students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mathematical, analytical reasoning, and critical thinking skills to perform accurate, clear analysis
- Reading and comprehension skills to accurately interpret and implement multiple federal and state rules that change frequently
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to assist both internal and external customers
- Management, supervisory, and leadership skills that include coaching, mentoring, and training, and teambuilding expertise
- Understanding of and ability to apply professional judgment exceptions to help students
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply all laws, federal regulations, and practices pertaining to financial assistance to students
- Knowledge of and ability to empathize with student financial needs
- Able to apply financial and statistical recordkeeping and recording
- Ability to use current computer applications to manage a financial aid and veteran services office
- Knowledge of multicultural communities and their needs, and ability to communicate well with persons of all ethnicities and backgrounds
- Knowledge of the functions of Student Services, including advising, admissions, registration, etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a changing and often busy environment
Master's degree in a related field and 3 years of related experience or Bachelor's degree in a related area and 5 years of progressively responsible related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as approved by the Human Resources department
Experience working in a public post-secondary educational institution (e.g., a community college, technical college, or a university)
- Experience working in a financial aid and veteran services area in a public post-secondary educational institution
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner administrative system
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Teams
Submit an application, resume, cover letter and references.
Apply Here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/coconinocc
Jobs at Coconino Community College.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Coconino Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Coconino Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Coconino Community College are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Coconino Community College.