Veterinary Anesthesia Nurse
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Veterinary Anesthesia Nurse
Job Profile Title
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia C
Job Description Summary
Penn Vet is seeking a highly skilled and compassionate Veterinary Anesthesia Nurse to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing general anesthesia and sedation to small animals, including critical and non-critical cases. Your expertise will be vital in developing individualized anesthetic protocols, conducting physical exams, and overseeing the animals' recovery. If you are a certified Veterinary Technician with a strong background or interest in anesthesia and teaching, and you are passionate about ensuring the well-being of our animal patients, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding position. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the lives of our beloved animal companions and future veterinarians!
Are you passionate about providing compassionate care to small animals in need? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and dedicated Veterinary Anesthesia Nurse to join our esteemed Penn Vet Anesthesia Team. As a key member of our veterinary staff, you will play a vital role in ensuring the well-being and comfort of our animal patients.
1. Anesthesia and Sedation: Administer general anesthesia and sedation to small animals, including hospitalized, outpatient, critical, and non-critical cases. Your expertise in anesthesia protocols will contribute to the overall success of each patient's treatment.
2. Medical History Review: Thoroughly examine and review the medical history of animal patients, enabling you to develop individualized and appropriate anesthetic plans tailored to their specific needs.
3. IV Catheter Placement: Skillfully place intravenous (IV) catheters, ensuring the safe and efficient administration of medications and fluids during procedures.
4. Physical Exams: Conduct comprehensive physical examinations to assess the health status of patients and ensure their suitability for anesthesia.
5. Anesthetic Protocols: Design and implement customized anesthetic protocols for each patient, accounting for factors such as age, breed, health condition, and surgical requirements.
6. Anesthesia Management: Safely induce, maintain, and recover animals during procedures, carefully monitoring their vitals and overall well-being throughout the process.
7. Post-Anesthesia Care: Oversee the recovery of animal patients, providing attentive care and making informed decisions about their readiness to return to their ward or be discharged.
8. Equipment Preparation: Set up and prepare all necessary equipment for anesthesia cases, ensuring a seamless and efficient workflow.
9. Collaborative Communication: Foster effective communication with the veterinary team, including clinicians, to ensure seamless coordination of inpatient cases and maintain a smooth daily schedule.
10. Some overnight and weekend on-call for emergent and scheduled cases requiring general anesthesia. Nurses are generously compensated for their time and effort.
Join our compassionate team and contribute to the well-being of our animal patients. If you are dedicated, skilled, and eager to make a difference in the lives of animals and veterinary students, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding Veterinary Anesthesia position.
Must be a CVT or board eligible.
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia A- CVT or board eligible- 0-1 year of experience
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia B- CVT 2-3 years of experience
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia C- CVT 3-4 years of experience
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia D- CVT 5-8 years of experience
Veterinary Technician, Anesthesia E - CVT 8+ years of experience and a VTS, or additional certifications
We are hiring at all levels for this position. Minimum starting salaries increase with each level. Relevant education, experience, skills, and licenses/ certifications are among the factors considered in salary offers.
The position will be 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. Overnight and weekend on call is required once fully trained and generously compensated.
Physical effort required: Ability to lift 25+pounds with assistance, reaching, standing, bending for prolonged periods of time.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Veterinary Medicine
$16.60 - $24.00 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Ryan-Veterinary-Hospital/Veterinary-Anesthesia-Nurse_JR00076525-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn
Jobs at the University of Pennsylvania. When inquiring or applying for positions within the University of Pennsylvania, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Pennsylvania are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Pennsylvania.