This position is responsible for handling all communication for the Foundation. Including greeting visitors, updating files and paperwork, managing all documents, and assisting the Director of Development, Foundation staff and Board.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative or clerical role
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and comfortable working independently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and ability to operate general office equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to remain professional when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to a diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of the department mission, goals, and objectives to carry out assignments.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments.
- Ability to work independently and carry out a variety of critical and time sensitive projects without detailed instructions.
- Ability to work with diverse community and collect the necessary information.
- Ability to track and monitor pertinent activities in an organized fashion to keep the office running efficiently.
- Ability to identify information, materials, and resources needed to complete a project or assignment.
- Ability to introduce change in a positive manner to generate support for the change and minimize the perceived impact on others.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com