Prairie View A&M UniversityAssistant Director (Health Services)Job Title
Assistant Director (Health Services)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Health ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
$4,848.59 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Assistant Director is responsible for the overall management of Health Services day-to-day operations which includes functioning in a multidisciplinary relationship with the Administrator, Medical Director, Systems Administrator (IT), other health care providers, University staff, local/state/national health organizations and agencies.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Supervise medical services administrative support staff, health educators and volunteers
- Coordinate with the Medical Director to ensure clinical operational needs are met
- Work with the Unit senior staff to plan the annual strategic attainment and assessment
- Assists with Unit evaluation and reporting of performance metrics
- Oversee the daily financial and accounting analysis, monitoring, and reporting for the unit primarily student and non-student patient billing and medical coding
- Function as HIPAA Compliance Officer ensuring all Unit documents and processes are compliant with federal and state PHI laws
- In the absence of the Director, serves as a liaison for University's health-related committees, initiatives, contractual agreements and general needs
- Complete independent and team-based assignments to further the goals of the Unit, Division for Student Affairs, and University
- Other tasks & projects as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field.
- Six years of related experience in management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's in Business or Health Administration.
- Six years of experience in health care management .
- Experience in an administrative capacity in a student health center, hospital and/or ambulatory clinic.
- Experience with electronic health records and patient portals.
- Experience in community engagement and with community coalitions.
- Experience in higher education desired.
- Experience in mental health facility/program .
- Experience in healthcare finance.
Required Certification(s)/Licensure(s) Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter (includes a summary of qualifications specific to this position)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Assistant-Director--Health-Services-_R-021466
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com