Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Adjunct Teaching Faculty: General Education (College algebra, statistics, composition, humanities, political science, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, microbiology, sociology, psychology, growth & development).
Adjunct Faculty are scholars and professionals, who teach in their area(s) of specialization and expertise. The primary affiliation of adjunct faculty is not with the university. Non-Core Faculty.
All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
Transcript (of your highest degree obtained)
Three (3) professional references
Starting Salary: $38 hourly
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
• Course and syllabus preparation
• Class curriculum coordination and planning
• Assessment and evaluation of learners
• Mentoring and advising of students
• Holding office hours and meeting with students
• Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of MA theses, PsyD projects, and PhD, EdD, DBA dissertations
• Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
• The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
• The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
• The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
• The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees, as well as the Registrar's Office and various academic departments.
• Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
• Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
• Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
Education: Master's, Doctoral or other terminal degree from an accredited college or university, depending upon the needs of the course being taught. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
Experience: Minimum of two years experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise. Curriculum or course development experience preferred
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 85022
Job ID: 245441
Jobs at Alliant International University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.