Bunker Hill Community College Associate Provost Charlestown Campus
Bunker Hill Community College (www.BHCC.edu), is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Associate Provost on the Charlestown Campus. The Associate Provost is a mission-critical executive-level leadership position with academic portfolio to ensure vibrant core program and services development at a senior leadership level. Reporting to the Provost/Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Associate Provost provides strategic leadership and direction for the College's academic programs and student services.
- Supervises the Dean of Humanities and Learning Communities, the Dean of Behavioral, Social Sciences and Global Learning, the Dean of Academic Support and College Pathway Programs, the Dean of Student Services, the Dean of Enrollment Management and Life Map and the Director of Academic Innovation and Distance Education.
- Establishes collaborative strategies with the Associate Provost, Chelsea, to ensure the College achieves its stated mission at multiple sites, with attention to the unique focus of each.
- Assumes a leadership role and works with the Provost/Vice President in the on-going development and enhancement of learning outcomes for the College.
- Provides leadership in the assessment of academic programs.
- Collaborates with external and internal stakeholders, to promote a shared focus in the development, implementation and support of initiatives that promote student access, equity, and achievement.
- Participates in the creation of new academic programs and student services in alignment with the College's mission and goals.
- Oversees the academic affairs budget; monitors expenditures in assigned divisions.
- Promotes excellence in teaching and learning and fosters an environment of continuous improvement, innovation and positive and collegial relationships between faculty, staff and students.
- Responsible for the selection of new faculty and staff in assigned divisions.
- Responsible for the integration of enrollment services and academic programming to improve retention and graduation rates.
- Ensures that the Dean of Students provides timely and effective responses/solutions for student inquiries and grievances.
- Provides leadership in the development of grant proposals.
- Earned doctorate and five years of senior-level management experience as a Dean or higher in an institution of higher education or
- Master's degree with seven years of demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in the area of academic programs as a Dean or higher in an institution of higher education.
- Significant supervisory experience with faculty and staff at all levels in a collective bargaining environment.
- College-level teaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Record of successful implementation of academic programs and/or student services
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Community College administrative experience.
- Experience in the development and acquisition of grants
Bunker Hill Community College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Submit nominations and application materials to Cheryl Hyatt at BHCC@hyatt-fennell.com, please specify the search in the subject line. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
Bunker Hill Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Woman, people of color, persons with disabilities and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bunker Hill Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com