Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The EdTPA Coach/Lecturer is a full-time appointment in the School of Education. The edTPA coach will work closely with the Clinical Practice team and the edTPA Manager to effectively provide guidance and support for the state-required assessment, edTPA. The coach will provide mentoring through 1-1 sessions, small group, and large group as needed in support of the submission, resubmission, and score release process of the edTPA. The coach will serve as the key TPA contact person for students. Lecturer responsibilities include teaching 5 courses within the academic calendar year*.
The edTPA Coach may have a focus as a Single Subject specialist, Multiple Subject Specialist, or Education Specialist.
*Lecturer responsibilities may be removed as determined based on the needs of the program and/or for aggregated scores with mean scoring <3.75 in the five-point range.
Starting Salary: $40,000 - $55,000
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in. Master's Degree Preferred
Experience: Experience with edTPA;
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: TPA Assessor with Pearson is preferred. Teaching Credential/Certification is required.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (especially, Excel & Access to create databases, forms, queries and reports), Adobe (to create data entry forms), Campus Nexus Student or other similar applications as well as the ability to learn new programs.
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a cooperative, accommodating, and service-oriented manner with a variety of different faculty, staff, and students, as well as with executive and managerial staff in community and state organizations and schools.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to always maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to perform detailed work independently and accurately with minimal direct supervision in a fast-paced environment as well as ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is essential to this position.
• Ability and desire to address the educational needs of a diverse population.
• Willingness to collaborate and sustain a collegial environment.
• Familiarity with online and on ground delivery at a university level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Provide ongoing workshops and strong edTPA Mentoring to students (1-1, large group, small group).
• Create specific resources for candidates.
• Attend edTPA trainings as needed.
• Monitor score reporting.
• Enforce policies regarding edTPA submission. Resubmission, score release.
• In collaboration with the edTPA Manager, develop a timeline, communication structure, and strategic plan for implementation of edTPA.
• Inform teacher candidates/Students of edTPA requirements.
• Support students in edTPA courses and Advanced Mentoring courses (retakes.)
• Serve as the key TPA contact person for students.
• Collect, analyze and disseminate data (for program and accreditation purposes).
• Instructor of Record as Lecturer (responsible for 5 course workload).
• Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Internal: Interacts with supervisor to receive direction and instructions and/or review of work results. This position will work closely with colleagues in CSOE as well as other Departments.
Primary Work Location, Hours & Travel Requirements:
Office Location: Remote
Work Hours: Standard office hours, occasional evening and weekends may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is in a standard office setting. Frequently exposed to low to moderate noise, various odors, temperature changes, and equipment with moving parts, including but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and other standard office equipment.
Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular sitting and being mobile; continual communicating both in person and on the telephone; regular keyboarding; regular reading of both print and digital material; and all other activities required to perform essential functions.
• Responsible to perform all work in a manner that complies with the organization policies, applicable regulations, applicable standards of professional performance, or other recognized laws or requirements as these policies, regulations, standards, laws, or requirements relate to the position.
• Responsible to participate and support in the organizational compliance activities and to take appropriate action in reporting issues related to compliance.
• Responsible to perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that complies with the Alliant International University Mission, Values, and Pillars, if applicable.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 259108
Jobs at Alliant International University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.