Prairie View A&M UniversityExtension Program Specialist IJob Title
Extension Program Specialist IAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Extension ProgramsProposed Minimum Salary
$3,194.84 monthlyJob Location
Crystal City, TexasJob Type
The Extension Program Specialist I will provide leadership to planning and implementation of educational outreach programs in support of county-based staff in the areas of economic development, community development, and small business development. The Specialist will prepare subject matter training and educational resource materials to address needs of limited resource clientele and will seek outside funding through writing grants and corporate sponsorship in support of CED programs. The position will work with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) to establish certifications and train entrepreneurs on putting together bids to local, State, and Federal agencies seeking products and services.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Plan, develop and implement training programs for use by county staff in providing small business development, homeownership, and educational programming/delivery related to Community and Economic Development to under-served and underrepresented clientele.
- Analyze and interpret trends and other appropriate situational information and disseminate it for use by 1890 county personnel and committees in planning programs to meet local needs. Assist with the development of in-depth educational programs to solve significant problems and meet long-range objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to entrepreneurs, small business owners, agri-businesses and land owners on financial resources, business planning, marketing, budgeting, efficient agri-business practices, and business development issues.
- Provide support to county staff through the development of curriculum and providing instruction in support of programs such as the Businesses In Development state contracting program;
- Conduct community seminars on small business lending, government contracting, understanding credit, debt management, youth entrepreneurship, asset building, etc.
- Develop and prepare teaching materials, e.g. publications, leaflets, and other informational materials in support of the Community and Economic Development program area.
- Interpret and disseminate relevant educational information from current applicable research findings, demographic and economic data and public policy; Develop comprehensive model plans which address base programs, critical issues, and clientele needs;
- Assist with development of evaluations instruments to measure program effectiveness.
- Assist with the development of in-depth educational programs to solve significant problems and meet long-range objectives.
- Serve as an outreach coordinator for public-private partnerships that support the CED unit.
- Conduct e-commerce training that specialize in selling overseas products on platforms like Amazon, e-bay, and other shopping networks/major retail. Build franchise business development program. Build business etiquette and soft skills training. Assist HUB clients with contract submissions. Provide non-traditional financing alternatives to clients.
- Develop and provide educational documents, newsletters, fact sheets, curriculum, PowerPoint presentations, and videos, to support county agents in-depth and outreach plans; Develop and prepare teaching materials, e.g. publications, leaflets, and other informational materials in support of the Community and Economic Development program area; Interprets and disseminate relevant educational information from current applicable research findings, demographics and economics and public policy; Interpret and disseminate relevant educational information from current applicable research findings, demographic and economic data and public policy. Develop comprehensive model plans which address base programs, critical issues, and clientele needs; Assist with development of evaluations instruments to measure program effectiveness. Travel to selected counties to provide technical assistance and training for agents and volunteers.
- Performs other duties inclusive as deemed necessary.
Job Posting Close Date:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five years of related professional experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Technical competence in appropriate subject matter and the ability to apply this knowledge to the solution of problems.
- Understanding of the learning and development processes of youth and adults.
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods to provide effective learning experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the 1890 Land-grant system and philosophy.
- Ability to partner with internal and external agencies.
- Proficient/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Crystal-City-PVAMU/Extension-Program-Specialist-I_R-027358-1
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com