|Link to job brochure:||Click here for a Job Brochure|
|Job Category:||Full-Time Faculty|
|Job Close Date:||02/10/2020|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Initial Screening Date|
|Job Opening ID:||REQ8583|
|Position Title:||Economics Instructor (One or More)|
|Department||Social Sciences (IVC-079-053)|
|Salary Schedule Link:||Click here for current Salary Schedules|
|% of Range:||100%|
|Hours per week:||36|
|Location:||10-Irvine Valley College|
For this position, candidates must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in economics from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in economics AND a Master’s degree or higher in business, business administration, business management, business education, finance, or political science from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• One year full time (or equivalent part-time) recent and successful experience teaching lower division principles of microeconomics and/or macroeconomics classes.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of expertise on the basis of:
• Recent and successful experience teaching lower division principles of microeconomics and/or macroeconomics at the community college level.
|Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:||
Advance student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines for the various courses in the economics department.
|Additional Position Information:|
|Additional Classification Information:|
|Contractual Duties and Responsibilities:|
|Assignment Type:||Full Time, Tenure Track|
|Permanent link to posting||http://jobs.socccd.edu/postings/10468|