The Dean provides senior-level vision, leadership, and administrative direction to Bristol Online. As a core member of both Vice President's leadership teams, the Dean ensures management and administrative oversight of, including but not limited to, all programs, services, staffing, and budgeting related to online learning operations, as well as builds partnerships with regional businesses and organizations to foster a college-going culture. The Dean leads strategic planning for Bristol Online and fosters innovation consistent with college strategic goals. Finally, the Dean works collaboratively across the college to ensure shared governance, transparency, and assessment practices while helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Bristol community.
- Lead the advancement of college's recruitment and retention efforts of online learners in conjunction with key administrators, faculty, and staff from Student Services and Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, Administration and Finance, Marketing and Communications, and Information Technology that reflects high impact and evidence-based practices.
- Exhibit commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce.
- Represent the college at key events and through selected committees and working groups throughout the region.
- Analyze relevant data to track and report on needs and outcomes.
- Develop and manage the operating budget and fiscal expenditures regarding online learning.
- Oversee grant-funded initiatives, including the maintenance of accountability to funding agencies.
- Attend all college meetings, serve on assigned committees/councils, and participate as a member of the Academic Vice President's Council and SSEM's Vice President's Leadership Team.
- Use digital communication tools, to include but not limited to; email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media tools, to advance Bristol's social media outreach and brand to internal and external constituents.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and lead all assigned staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to create talent development plans and implement appropriate performance improvement plans.
- Develop and oversee staff scheduling to ensure adequate coverage during college hours of operation.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
- Collaborate with the college's academic and campus deans as well as key leaders from Student Services and Enrollment Management to determine program offerings and class schedules, as well as key academic and student support services.
- Foster a student-centered educational environment responsive to diverse learner needs.
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
- Lead the Bristol Online Advisory Committee.
- Lead the development and implementation of Online Learning's strategic plan.
- Foster relationships with area schools, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, businesses, and community leaders to develop linkages and collaborative programs.
- Foster relationships with Student and Family Engagement and other areas to ensure that the activities of that office provide enriching experiences for students.
- Collaborate with the Center for Workforce and Community Education to schedule appropriate non-credit offerings.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to ensure appropriate branding and marketing of programs and events to online learners.
- Maintain responsiveness to a wide array of campus-related issues involving students, faculty, and building maintenance.
- Collaborate with the Bristol Foundation and Office of Grant Development to develop opportunities, write grant proposals, acquire scholarships, and promote events that support Bristol Online.
Perform other duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the "Apply" button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bristol Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com