Program Assistant V, Deans Office, Sciences, Resources and Planning
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant V, Dean's Office, Sciences, Resources and Planning
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of the Dean and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Program Assistant carries out duties and responsibilities that require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with minimum-to-no supervision. The successful candidate will be highly organized in order to manage multiple ongoing projects. This position provides direct support to the Associate Dean for Sciences and the Resources and Planning Manager for the College.
Full Job Description:
- Provides administrative support for the Associate Dean for Sciences and the Resources and Planning Manager (e.g., coordinates meetings, prepares correspondence and presentations, makes travel arrangements, monitors budgets, etc.).
- Supports the office assignment process, managing space surveys and helping to coordinate office moves.
- Supports the promotion and tenure process, assisting in locating and corresponding with reviewers, interfacing with faculty applicants, ensuring completeness of applications, redacting confidential materials, etc.
- Assists in the hiring process for full-time faculty, including posting jobs and coordinating with department search committees.
- Onboards new full-time faculty, including sending welcome emails, identifying and readying offices, and orchestrating the College's New Faculty Orientation.
- Facilitates part-time faculty hiring, including drafting and sending letters of intent to hire.
- Assists department chairs with periodic review of part-time faculty teaching evaluations.
- Assists with application process for faculty and student teaching and research development funds and maintains financial records of funding.
- Plans, coordinates and promotes various College events, including the annual Creative Activity and Research Day, a showcase of undergraduate and graduate student research conducted in collaboration with faculty.
- Assists with the Student Travel Fund application process and awards.
- Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
- Confirms staff teaching and full-time faculty summer assignments on behalf of the deans.
- Identifies and develops new office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintain confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving; designs new forms or manuals as needed to implement changes.
- Monitors Associate Dean's budgets and maintains financial records and may assist the Office of Operations with budget reporting and tracking.
- Handles highly confidential and sensitive materials relating to faculty, student and other issues, including employment files, promotion and tenure, salary information, and teaching evaluations.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the space inventory of the college
- Maintains current knowledge of major aspects of all program assistant positions in the Dean's Office to be ready to assist as needed.
- Acts as a receptionist for the general Dean's Office, when needed, helping to create a warm, welcoming environment for all visitors.
- Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
- Receives and screens a variety of calls and emails. Takes information, answers inquiries, and provides information using knowledge of University, College and Dean's Office academic policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the deans or their designee.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Post high school education preferred.
- Training or experience equivalent to five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure with minimum supervision and as a member of a team in a dynamic environment with demanding deadlines.
- Ability to independently analyze, plan, problem-solve, and recommend and implement new/changes to procedures.
- Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software and demonstrated ability to use technology to streamline operations. Ability to use desktop publishing software and equipment to design and produce high- quality publications preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to interact with faculty, students, staff and the public with tact, discretion and courtesy and contribute to professional environment.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information preferred.
- Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of academic policy and administrative operations.
- Willingness to respect and actively support the goals and visions of a Jesuit education along with a commitment to USF's mission, vision and values.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V--Dean-s-Office--Sciences--Resources-and-Planning_R0002470.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of California, San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency