- Answers student inquiries and resolves problems related to curriculum and course prerequisites, referring to catalogues, written course descriptions, and other appropriate sources.
- Advise students academically, socially and emotionally.
- Make appropriate referrals when needed to mental and medical professionals.
- Receives and reviews transcripts to ensure eligibility for admission to a specific college or program including evaluation of transfer credits and applicability of academic credit to program requirements.
- Initiates and maintains individual student files as appropriate, updating and evaluating file as new information is received.
- Reviews student files to ensure deadlines are met for completing various graduation requirements such as coursework requirements, theses, comprehensive examinations, and other specific program requirements.
- Coordinates with other organizational units to aid in resolution of academic problems.
- Reviews student grade reports each semester to determine probation and/or suspension based on academic regulations of university;
- Assists students in the selection of appropriate courses and concentrations in terms of students' stated preferences.
- Assists faculty advisement, athletic coaches, and/or other counseling personnel by providing records, evaluations, interpretations, and other requested data, recommendations, and conclusions.
- May assist in proctoring examinations and other qualifying requirements or activities required by the college and/or department.
- May supervise lower graded staff and/or student employees; may participate in training and evaluative sessions and recommend methods to improve advisement activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Community Service Coordinator:
· Coordinate service opportunities for campus organizations and offices that meet the needs and priorities of community partner organizations/agencies.
· Assist in the programming and facilitation of Community Service orientation for First-Year students and Pre - Orientation programming.
· Maintain open lines of communication with community agencies regarding their ongoing/evolving needs and possible opportunities for campus-community interaction.
· Attend College and/or Community partnership meetings to stay informed about the college community connection.
· Work with students and campus staff on planning campus/community events.
· Coordinate a major program area of the office: service trips, days of service, special projects, religious life programs or first-year experience projects. This area will be determined in conversation with the successful applicant.
· Each involves working closely with student leaders, mobilizing and empowering student volunteers, and managing details for successful implementation of each program.
· Coordinates all University Community Service Activities
· Work with faculty to establish Service Learning opportunities as requested
· Work with community agencies to establish community service opportunities
· Logs and verifies community service hours for each student and reports those hours to the appropriate area for credit
· Educates students and university stakeholders of the requirements associated with community service at orientations
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution of higher learning
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to engage individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Knowledge of academic standards governing student probation, suspension, and/or expulsion.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records
Send resumes/transcripts to: HRINFO@JARVIS.EDU
Jobs at Jarvis Christian University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian University .