|Job #: G824
||Posted Date: October 8, 2019
||Closes On: Open Until Filled
||Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow - Regulatory Biology Laboratory, Dr. Satchin Panda
||Status: Regular Full Time
||Benefits Eligible: Yes
||Laboratory/Department: Regulatory Biology Laboratory
||Research in the lab is geared towards identifying molecular components and events critical for transmitting light information from the eye to the master oscillator in the brain.
A postdoctoral researcher/bioinformatics specialist position is immediately available for three years to lead a project focused on tissue-specific and temporal variation in gene expression. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative team of researchers at Salk and at collaborating institutes in the U.S.
- Compile large scale multi-tissue time-series gene expression data from rodents and non-human primates.
- Analyze full-length transcripts to find splice variants.
- Integrate gene expression and genome sequence data to find cis-acting elements.
- Integrate gene expression and genome sequence information to find allele specific gene expression.
- Comparative genomics between non-human primate, human, and rodent models.
- Integrate and analyze time-series gene expression and metabolomics datasets.
- Manage project to meet defined milestones and timeline.
- Coordinate efforts among the wet-lab and sequencing cores to ensure sequence data generation, archiving, sharing, and analyses.
- Use appropriate statistical models and tests.
- Prepare reports, presentation, and manuscripts.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and in accordance with institutional and federal guidelines.
Ph.D. in bioinformatics, data science or allied field with specific focus on analyses of genetic variation, RNA-sequence analyses, and comparative genomics. The use of machine learning or AI tools in gene expression data is preferable.
- Experience should be evidenced in peer-reviewed publications or manuscripts in pre-publication archive.
- Familiarity with various sequence analysis tools, relevant programming, and data visualization tools is necessary.
Applicants should send C.V., statement of research interests and experience, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com