|Job #: G924
||Posted Date: January 8, 2020
||Closes On: Open Until Filled
||Job Title: Research Assistant I - Laboratory of Genetics, Dr. Rusty Gage
||Status: Regular Full Time
||Benefits Eligible: Yes
||Laboratory/Department: Laboratory of Genetics
||Lab research concentrates on the adult central nervous system and unexpected plasticity and adaptability to environmental stimulation that remains throughout the life of all mammals.
The Research Assistant I is responsible for all lab managerial duties in support of the Principal Investigator’s (PI) and Senior Staff Scientist in performing duties including establishing and performing research, performing cell culture techniques, assisting with experimental design and direction, equipment upkeep and repair, ensuring compliance with all Salk policies, working with calibrators to achieve specific research goals, and managing any scientific or interpersonal issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a lab technician or equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated experience and application of culture of stem cells.
- Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including cleaning, stocking supply inventory, and ensuring the maintenance of a sterile environment.
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Must be willing to work with human, non human primate (such as chimpanzee) and mouse stem cells and complete all appropriate associated training.
- Must be able to work with viral vectors (such as lentivirus and retrovirus) and complete all appropriate associated training.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on research needs and deadlines.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant seeing, grasping and working inside.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com