|Job #: G882
||Posted Date: January 8, 2020
||Closes On: Open Until Filled
||Job Title: Research Assistant I, Gene Expression Laboratory, Dr. Sam Pfaff
||Status: Regular Full Time
||Benefits Eligible: Yes
||Laboratory/Department: Gene Expression Laboratory
||Laboratory goal is to understand the fundamental principles that control the specification and connectivity of spinal neurons involved in locomotion, particularly motor neurons.
This position is responsible for performing tasks and experiments in support of academic research projects. Responsibilities may include: histology, genotyping laboratory animals and optimizing histology protocols. With training from the biophotonics core, the position may also include imaging tissue sections using epifluirescent and fluorescent confocal. Good lab practice and excellent lab notebook keeping is essential.
- Degree in biological sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Completed coursework or experience related to neuroscience or histology.
- 2 years of experience as a lab technician or equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated experience and application of molecular biology knowledge preferably in biochemistry and cell culture.
- Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including cleaning, stocking supply inventory, and ensuring the maintenance of a sterile environment.
- Demonstrated experience with tissue processing/histology.
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
This role requires constant adjusting focus, grasping, hearing, keying, seeing, sitting, touching, feeling, analyzing, calculating, communicating, reading, reasoning, writing, working in a confined area and working inside.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com